• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab or not?

Seadoo_Bimini_Crosser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
He everyone,
I have been making the trip to Bimini from Miami the last few years on a SeaDoo GTI 130.
The wife has decided we are over the crossing on he skis and would like us to purchase a boat for the trip.

I have decided that we want to stick with a jet drive so that we can still enjoy the shallow water.

I found the scarab boat line and love that you can get the rotax engines.

After researching I have seen several issues people seem to have with the scarab line.

My question is. How many people love their scarab?

Everyone is typically quick to post negative experiences but I have a hard time believing every scarab boat is a bad lemon.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I can't express how much I love my Scarab. Have had small issues that could happen on any new boat. I love it though, I take it out every free minute I have

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I am like @DJMattyT I really love my boat, but have had a couple issues. If you are going to buy a Scarab make sure that the dealer you are buying it from is savvy with this line of boat. Mainly the BRP Technicians that will be servicing your boat. I know MM down near Jacksonville has a great service staff, but there are some out there who couldn't find their own rear end with their own hand.

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I agree with the posts above. Having a knowledgeable dealership with great service can make all the difference in the world. I am still extremely happy with the boat!

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Love my 2016 195 HOI ! 20 hrs on the clock and no problems.
I've noticed that the complaints are coming from the 2014 and 2015 owners , which is to expected with a new line of boats . Hopefully they have worked the bugs out , time will tell .
The huge thing is I have complete faith in my dealer , they have been a sea doo dealer / service shop from the start and in business for many years .
Good luck on your search for the boat that suits your needs and wants .

JetJeff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Love my Scarab. Bones were getting a bit old for Jet skiing with my wife behind me. Bought a 165, now we find a cove on the south shore of Long Island, unpack the sandwiches and chill after a few powered spin outs.

Last edited:

Scarab255

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Other
We love the boat, hate all the problems we have with it. Honestly, I think it's more of a dealer issue than a scarab issue.

If I had the decision to make over again, I probably wouldn't go scarab, but if you're set on a jet boat and like the scarab, the risk reward calculation might work...

viggen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
As stated often times the dealership and their service department is often times more important then the product itself!

Remember that there are other rotax powered jet boats available as well. So depending on what dealerships are in your area one of the other rotax powered jet boats might be a better option.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not. . . .

Ronnie0471

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
He everyone,
I have been making the trip to Bimini from Miami the last few years on a SeaDoo GTI 130.
The wife has decided we are over the crossing on he skis and would like us to purchase a boat for the trip.

I have decided that we want to stick with a jet drive so that we can still enjoy the shallow water.

After researching I have seen several issues people seem to have with the scarab line.

Everyone is typically quick to post negative experiences but I have a hard time believing every scarab boat is a bad lemon.
Agreed, scarab are one of the best looking boats out there in my opinion. However, just like many other boat brand or toys in general thr not wo thr problems . Get a good dealer and get the scarab

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
We love our Scarab boat! The seating layout and back swim deck is awesome. It's a sexy boat and we get compliments all the time. I'm a fifty year old wife who loves everything about this boat my husband and I have owned many brands of boats in our time and all brands come with their own issues. U have to have a good dealer and be a knowledgeable owner. This boat offers great entertainment space and we personally would purchase another one.

DisapointedScarabOwner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
He everyone,

This is my first post here. DO NOT BUY A SCARAB BOAT. I've had almost every issue mentioned on these posts. I've had my boat since 2014. I've had engine issues, electrical issues, loose bolts throughout the boat, windshield issues, starting issues, seat issues, a new hull replacement, the last time I had an issue it took them 7 months to return my boat. When it was returned there was a lot of antifreeze in the engine compartment and centre storage, loose bolts on the seats, engine noise coming through the speakers, loud knocking sounds coming from the engine.

I've been passed back and forth to two different dealers, BPR (who is pretty much useless), Scarab and now the company who owns Scarab (Benetau Group).

I want to also take the opportunity here to ask everyone who has issues with their boats to help me fight this company. I am considering taking legal actions against Scarab. I am currently looking for a lawyer. If anyone has a good recommendation, please let me know. These boats are unreliable and dangerous. My friend here at the marina (Toronto) had to ditch their Scarab because it filled with water because the carbon seal went. The boat ended up on the rocks on Lake Ontario. You do not want to ditch your boat and swim in Lake Ontario, as the water can be extremely cold even in the middle of summer. I do not feel safe, at all, using my boat and carrying passengers in it, unless i am very close to shore. If any of you want more details on all the issues with my boat, please feel free to message me anytime. I do not want to see anyone else go through the bullshit I have. It's not fair.

S.peay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Love mine wouldn't have any other boat period. NO other jet boat can else compare looks wise (maybe a aqua Chap Vortex). Owned tons of rotax toys in my short 27 year life I wouldn't own anything else. Just my 2 cents.

Tempest

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ugh... Not making any purchase until all the facts are out. It really seemed Scarab was becoming a leader.

Big E

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Awesome boat, love it. I have 39 hrs and not one problem. My dealer here in Arizona is on point.