• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab Owners of Fort Myers/Cape Coral

Mike Harrison

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
We live in Fort Myers just bought a new Scarab 165 and are interested to find other Scarab owners. We are new to boating in FL and will be boating mostly in Pine Island Sound. Mike and Kim

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi! Welcome to the forum :Welcome:!

Lots and lots of good info here where we try to keep each other on the water making memories. Good luck in your adventures! Let us know if you need anything.

Steve-O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Hi Mike and Kim! We just bought a new Scarab today. My girlfriend Annette and I just moved to Cape Coral about a month ago and are itching to get on the water. I've been a lifelong boater, but there, everything was 200 feet deep. Feel like a newby down here, so I can't really show you anything, just wanted to say 'Hi'.

Mike Harrison

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Hi Mike and Kim! We just bought a new Scarab today. My girlfriend Annette and I just moved to Cape Coral about a month ago and are itching to get on the water. I've been a lifelong boater, but there, everything was 200 feet deep. Feel like a newby down here, so I can't really show you anything, just wanted to say 'Hi'.
Hi Steve,
We went out twice over Thanksgiving. The best was launching out of Pine Island Marina and going to Cabbage Key Island for lunch and back. Wasn’t too windy.
We will go out again after all the holidayers leave.
Maybe we can we meet sometime. We live across Cape Coral off MacGregor. We are newbies trailering though.
Mike and Kim

Steve-O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Hi Steve,
We went out twice over Thanksgiving. The best was launching out of Pine Island Marina and going to Cabbage Key Island for lunch and back. Wasn’t too windy.
We will go out again after all the holidayers leave.
Maybe we can we meet sometime. We live across Cape Coral off MacGregor. We are newbies trailering though.
Mike and Kim
That would be amazing Mike! We just moved here and don't know a soul, let alone other boaters, and certainly other Scarab owners. We are sure loving this community though! I just know I'm going to put this thing out on a sand bar!

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
:Welcome: @Mike Harrison and @Steve-O to the best forums on the interwebs and to SW FLA! We live in North Port and have been boating SW FL waters for 10 yrs now, you are going to have a blast! If you are new to trailering and your trailer didn't come with GUIDE POSTS they will help you tremendously in backing down the ramp, (you want have to chase the trailer as much) and for loading the boat on at the ramp!

Last edited:

Mike Harrison

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Steve-0;

Kim and I planning to go out tomorrow Friday (1/3). If you want to watch the trailering follies lets me know (703) 283-8917. We plan to get to a ramp early with all the amateurs like us. Perhaps leaving out of Pine Island Marina. Have to watch the weather in morning.

FLBulldogger - thanks for the advice on GUIDE POSTs. We need to check with SCARAB.

We want to go out of Placida someday.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey we Just sat next to a Scarab (yellow grey graphics) grey guide posts, this morning after getting off Veterans memorial bridge. Anybody here?

Mike Harrison

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Hey we Just sat next to a Scarab (yellow grey graphics) grey guide posts, this morning after getting off Veterans memorial bridge. Anybody here?
Thanks. I'm looking for guide posts for our Scarab built trailer.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Mike Harrison Just as a FYI most guide post you buy aftermarket will fit almost all trailers, I wouldn't pay a dealer markup they are super easy to put on in about an hour or so, even the lighted ones we have on our trailer.
I noticed the 703 area code on your phone number, where in VA did you live? We retired out of Leesburg and the Winchester area 10 yrs ago.
We have launched out of Placida twice and it is TIGHT in there, I would definitely look at going during the week when it is not crowded, the launching area is tricky enough and then the recovery is tricky also with a small assembly area for boat to gather and recover. Good luck, if we can be of any help just PM me.

Steve-O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Steve-0;

Kim and I planning to go out tomorrow Friday (1/3). If you want to watch the trailering follies lets me know (703) 283-8917. We plan to get to a ramp early with all the amateurs like us. Perhaps leaving out of Pine Island Marina. Have to watch the weather in morning.

FLBulldogger - thanks for the advice on GUIDE POSTs. We need to check with SCARAB.

We want to go out of Placida someday.
Hi Mike, just got this , sorry. Guess I'm stuck here waiting for the internet guy this morning, but thanks for the offer. We should be picking our boat up in about ten days after some dock work. We'll be in touch, Thanks!

Mike Harrison

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
@Mike Harrison Just as a FYI most guide post you buy aftermarket will fit almost all trailers, I wouldn't pay a dealer markup they are super easy to put on in about an hour or so, even the lighted ones we have on our trailer.
I noticed the 703 area code on your phone number, where in VA did you live? We retired out of Leesburg and the Winchester area 10 yrs ago.
We have launched out of Placida twice and it is TIGHT in there, I would definitely look at going during the week when it is not crowded, the launching area is tricky enough and then the recovery is tricky also with a small assembly area for boat to gather and recover. Good luck, if we can be of any help just PM me.
Thanks for the advice. We lived in Northern Virginia (Burke and Springfield). Moved to Fort Myers in 2017.

FloridaKen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hi there. New to the forum and this is my first post! I'm in Cape Coral and I have my eye on a 215 that has come available to me. It looks great and from everything I have read, they seem to be amazing boats. If I wind up making the purchase, it would certainly be fun to meet up with other local owners!

:thumbsup:

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They are nice boats! Not sure if they have more or less quirks than any other jetboat. Dont live in CC or FM, but we're down there quite often to visit inlaws. Great boating spots!

Steve-O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I'm in Cape Coral too! We'd love to find like minded boaters to hang out with. We mostly just hang out at the beaches and sand bars this time of year but I look to do some real exp;oration and maybe some fishing this winter.