• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab Tower Speakers

kludem

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So just hooked up a pair of 6.5 wet sounds tower speakers on a 2019 195. Found the speaker connection in the port side gunnel and made the connections. No luck. When I turn on the courtesy lights, you hear a slight pop in the other speakers??? No electrician here so looking for a little help.

kludem

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Got it. Stand down.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
What was the issue? I have the same boat and may be doing this install. Would be good to know about gotchas ahead of time.

kludem

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
.1 there are two sets of wires that come out of the silver boxes: yellow and gray on both side(for lights) and green on one side and purple on the other. (these are for the speakers)We did not need the yellow and grey as the LEDs in our speakers are powered by the speaker itself. Just need to buy an RGB controller. Did not use the silver box mount. Mounted speakers under Bimini.
2. had to remove the cushion (3 screws) along the port side wall behind the passenger seat. Had to reach in and make the connection of the tower wires to a power source. See pic.
After all that, the wet sound speakers REV6 work just fine off the stock kicker amp. Actually work very well. 195 is not a big boat, so glad we stuck with the 6.5 wetsounds. I think anything bigger would look a little awkward.

Attachments

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
.1 there are two sets of wires that come out of the silver boxes: yellow and gray on both side(for lights) and green on one side and purple on the other. (these are for the speakers)We did not need the yellow and grey as the LEDs in our speakers are powered by the speaker itself. Just need to buy an RGB controller.
Could you not have just connected the speaker wires to their respective tower speaker wires and then connect the speakers' blue and black wires (for the blue light) to the yellow and gray wires? Or was this because you wanted to be able to use the RGB controller?
Did not use the silver box mount. Mounted speakers under Bimini.
Was the silver box mount not the right size to mate to the speakers? Is that why you didn't use them? Also, since you mounted them under the bimini, are you still able to close the bimini? Can you still install the bimini cover?
2. had to remove the cushion (3 screws) along the port side wall behind the passenger seat. Had to reach in and make the connection of the tower wires to a power source. See pic.
Again, was this so you could use the RGB controller?
After all that, the wet sound speakers REV6 work just fine off the stock kicker amp. Actually work very well. 195 is not a big boat, so glad we stuck with the 6.5 wetsounds. I think anything bigger would look a little awkward.
You didn't want to install the REV 10s? ;)

Thanks for the info!

Reno Rob

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
LOVE the name of your boat, one of my all-time favorite songs. Thanks for the pics of the install, I have the same boat and am looking at either Wet Sounds or JL Audio, not sure. Any advice on brand? Also, can your clearly hear music at WOT?

RGanz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Hi all, I am new here. Just got our first boat. A 2019 195ID. Trying to add tower speakers. I took off the side cushion and found the connector that comes down from the tower but am not finding the other one to connect it to. Nothing. Did not all boats come with it and if not I assume I need to wire it back to the front console. But where do I connect it to? I appreciate the help!

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Hi all, I am new here. Just got our first boat. A 2019 195ID. Trying to add tower speakers. I took off the side cushion and found the connector that comes down from the tower but am not finding the other one to connect it to. Nothing. Did not all boats come with it and if not I assume I need to wire it back to the front console. But where do I connect it to? I appreciate the help!
Yep, you gotta reach up towards the gas filler to get it. I went through the same issue. Check out this thread.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Sorry, I didn't realize you'd posted in that thread already. The wiring should be already done from the factory, including for lights. Take off the speaker mounting bracket and check if there is wiring behind the rubber plug. If there is, then I'm guessing it should be wired. You may have to remove the plastic cover in the base of the tower (port side) and try and follow the wire bundle to the connector.

RGanz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
These are all the posts I saw and went by. But when I open my cushion, I only have the one side wire bundle that comes from the tower. No second bundle so there is nothing to connect it to. Thus the question.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
The tower side one is the one I had difficulty finding. The one it connects to was in the bottom of the port side storage under the seat, I think. The boat is at the marina, and I won't be able to go there until next week. I'll have a look when I go and report back if you haven't already found it.

Brink Boater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
.1 there are two sets of wires that come out of the silver boxes: yellow and gray on both side(for lights) and green on one side and purple on the other. (these are for the speakers)We did not need the yellow and grey as the LEDs in our speakers are powered by the speaker itself. Just need to buy an RGB controller. Did not use the silver box mount. Mounted speakers under Bimini.
Your post was super helpful! We have a 2020 scarab 215 and we're trying to install tower speakers. We found the wire connection that hangs down the port side tower, but can't find the power connection. Also, we can only find 2 of the 3 screws you referenced on the panel. Any insight on where the 3 are located? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Michael Marchante

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Hey there so I’ve been looking for this dang connector forever now lol. I have a 255 with the tower wires already pre wired. I have the tower end connector but cannot find the other end anywhere