• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab Warranty

Jwalk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I just purchased a 2017 Scarab HO Implulse in North Carlina. I tried to purchase it from my local dealer but the wait time was to long and they only had a 255 Platinum on the lot with 300 hp, I wanted the 500 hp Wake Edition. Long story short my local dealer in Delaware states he is not allowed to do warranty work on my Scarab and I must bring it back to the selling dealer 300 miles away for warranty issues. He will do normal maintenance and repairs, but no warranty work. Does this sound right? Has anybody had experience getting warranty work done at a dealer other than the selling dealer?

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
O geez that does not sound laget. I can all most promise you the warranty contract won't state that but any dealer that would tell you that probably would delay any fix to end of season purposely screw your boat up try to tell scareb fix was due to your abuse. I could go on and on.i don't see a happy ending to this.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I could possibly see that for make ready issues.....things the dealer failed to do, or did improperly when they got the boat ready for sale, but true warranty issues like hull/power train/electronics....I agree...that doesnt sound right to me! Your warranty paperwork that came with the boat should clarify that.

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
No that does not sound right.. I purchased my boat from MM Orlando and did not like the way I was treated so I took it to MM Clearwater and they have taken good care of me and did the warranty work and damages that MM Orlando did to my boat. Even though they do not carry the Scarab line anymore they are still taking care of me and my boat.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Bought mine in MD from a local dealer and now in FL and take it MM for service and warranty..

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
It just sounds like a upset dealer that you didn't buy from them...they can refuse to work on your boat but it's not a Scarab decision not to honor their warranty at that dealership.

Matthew Lendroth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I had a similar issue with my RZR. I bought it out of state and none of the close by dealers wanted to touch it for warranty repairs because I didn't buy it from them. Everywhere I called the first questions was always, did you buy it here? They can't refuse you service but they can put you to the end of the line because you're not "their" customer

Jwalk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Great info! Thanks! My selling dealer will call local rep to verify that any dealer can honor warranty work. Maybe my local dealer didn't realize that. I am going to give him all my service work, winter storage, etc, so you would think a ongoing customer would be of some value. Happy and safe boating!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great info! Thanks! My selling dealer will call local rep to verify that any dealer can honor warranty work. Maybe my local dealer didn't realize that. I am going to give him all my service work, winter storage, etc, so you would think a ongoing customer would be of some value. Happy and safe boating!
Some of these spiteful idiots are just too short sighted. . . . . It's not like they aren't getting reimbursed for the warranty work.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I just purchased a 2017 Scarab HO Implulse in North Carlina. I tried to purchase it from my local dealer but the wait time was to long and they only had a 255 Platinum on the lot with 300 hp, I wanted the 500 hp Wake Edition. Long story short my local dealer in Delaware states he is not allowed to do warranty work on my Scarab and I must bring it back to the selling dealer 300 miles away for warranty issues. He will do normal maintenance and repairs, but no warranty work. Does this sound right? Has anybody had experience getting warranty work done at a dealer other than the selling dealer?
That was his polite way of saying,"Sorry about your luck since you didn't buy the boat from him!" Sorry for being direct! If he is a Scarab Dealer, he is allowed to service any Scarab boat under warranty as well as general services. Now, if some of your complaints are from the dealer where you bought the boat from,...he did the right thing by sending you back to him. For example, if they didn't prep the boat correctly, there were defects that they noted, they made promises to you for product, or a promise for service, etc,...then you would need to bring it back to that dealer that made the promises. As all businesses do, we have the right to refuse service when necessary. Now, let's say if you were visiting us here in Florida, and you needed a service, or repair, we would gladly help you.

Now since I have a thumbs down vote by Firefly on my post here,....I apologize for my partial opinion, however the rest is just facts.

Last edited:

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Well that is the problem with private dealerships. I purchased mine from MarineMax and was not happy with that dealership and being nation wide I took it to another MarineMax to get it taken care of. They have done me right, and for one sad they don't carry the line anymore.

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was his polite way of saying,"Sorry about your luck since you didn't buy ...As all businesses do, we have the right to refuse service when necessary. Now, let's say if you were visiting us here in Florida, and you needed a service, or repair, we would gladly help you.

Now since I have a thumbs down vote by Firefly on my post here,....I apologize for my partial opinion, however the rest is just facts.
My thumbs down was for scarab not requiring dealers to honor warenty work not at you personally. But I'll change it not trying to upset any one.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ive sent you two emails to schedule my carbon seal repair. Thats warranty work, and I haven't got a reply for scheduling.

That was his polite way of saying,"Sorry about your luck since you didn't buy the boat from him!" Sorry for being direct! If he is a Scarab Dealer, he is allowed to service any Scarab boat under warranty as well as general services. Now, if some of your complaints are from the dealer where you bought the boat from,...he did the right thing by sending you back to him. For example, if they didn't prep the boat correctly, there were defects that they noted, they made promises to you for product, or a promise for service, etc,...then you would need to bring it back to that dealer that made the promises. As all businesses do, we have the right to refuse service when necessary. Now, let's say if you were visiting us here in Florida, and you needed a service, or repair, we would gladly help you.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ive sent you two emails to schedule my carbon seal repair. Thats warranty work, and I haven't got a reply for scheduling.
Mike, I have talked to you in the emails regarding service. I remember telling you in about 2 weeks I can get to your boat. I know that I haven't set a date necessarily but that is only because as I mentioned to you in my email about the 4th of July weekend. We are trying to get everybody caught up for the Holiday weekend.

Please verify this to everyone here.

Chat soon Mike!

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My thumbs down was for scarab not requiring dealers to honor warenty work not at you personally. But I'll change it not trying to upset any one.
No worries Fireflymedic.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds good. Just wanted to make sure you got my emails. BTW, here is what Scarab said about owners in Florida:

Miguel
You can try to see if they can work on the BRP Rotax engine. You also can see if you have a Glastron Jet dealer in your area. I am not sure were you are located, but the best BRP/Rotax dealers we have is Wave Tech ask for Ron.
Sincerely
Roy
Mike, I have talked to you in the emails regarding service. I remember telling you in about 2 weeks I can get to your boat. I know that I haven't set a date necessarily but that is only because as I mentioned to you in my email about the 4th of July weekend. We are trying to get everybody caught up for the Holiday weekend.

Please verify this to everyone here.

Chat soon Mike!