• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Scupper Swap

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK after owning a Stainless Steel Scupper for 5 years uninstalled.. I finally did the deed. My old one was in great shape..I will say this.. What a Pain in the Ass!. I have long arms and still needed 4" more..glad it is done. Thank God for big wrenches and a water jet to make one custom.
IMG_20140406_111846_235.jpg

IMG_20140405_181530_230.jpg Oh yeah... finished product:

Looks good!!! Welcome to the stainless steel but have messed up arms for a week club. :D

No shit..nobody tells you about all the cuts and sore muscles and ribs. What an awkward group of tasks. Lol.

I am hoping to change mine out this week. Any chance of buying or borrowing that custom wrench?

Looks good. Congrats on getting it done. I love your polished reverse gate buckets too.

When working on the yamaha I always wear work gloves with the finger tips cut off. It save lots of those back of the hand cuts you get from the rough fiberglass edges. Cam.

Lookin good :winkingthumbsup"

I finally did mine last week and my original scupper is still feeling solid. But I feel better now that it's done. :)

OK after owning a Stainless Steel Scupper for 5 years uninstalled.. I finally did the deed. My old one was in great shape..I will say this.. What a Pain in the Ass!. I have long arms and still needed 4" more..glad it is done. Thank God for big wrenches and a water jet to make one custom.
View attachment 3682
5 years??? That's got to be some kind of record. Looks great and nice job on the tool.

@Bruce Sure.. PM me your address.. I'll send to ya. Condition being you send it to the next JB'er that needs it. Everyone keep passing it forward until it get worn down to nothing.
Steve

My pleasure..

[QUOTE="Lspeedss, post: 16100, member:
View attachment 3682[/QUOTE]
@Bruce how about starting a sticky thread on the "holder of the scupper wrench" so that folks know who to contact with to borrow the wrench I have sent you.

@Bruce Sure.. PM me your address.. I'll send to ya. Condition being you send it to the next JB'er that needs it. Everyone keep passing it forward until it get worn down to nothing.
Steve
This is awesome! I sure could've used it, but I managed with an adjustable pipe wrench.
@Bruce I think @PEARCE and @Detonate are getting ready to do theirs so they may be next on the list

Last edited:
@Lspeedss, I am new to this scupper swapping business. Is the wrench specific to 230s or will it help all owners? I am trying to decide where to place the sticky wrench thread.

I actually have a wrench that I made also, not as nice as @Lspeedss but it does work and gets in the tight area just fine. I would also be willing to pass it forward to the next member needing it.

This is awesome! I sure could've used it, but I managed with one large and one medium channel-locks.
@Bruce I think @PEARCE and @Detonate are getting ready to do theirs so they may be next on the list
Yeah, it's on my to-do... Got the scupper, just need to get some time and weather to do it!

20140314_181621.jpg

@Detonate, I should receive the wrench Thursday and will hopefully be ready to ship it on to whoever is next on Monday.

@Lspeedss, would you mind if I have the logo lasered onto the wrench?

@jcyamaharider, it would be great to have two wrenches in circulation.

Back