• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Sea Dek question for those who have installed it.

TN888

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Layed out my SeaDek on swim platforms and noticed the SeaDek is 1/2-3/4" smaller than existing hydro turf.

I did not install it yet, wanted confirmation it was cut correctly?

That's all of the way around each piece?

Is your hydro turf from the factory?

Not all the way around, here's a pic. I'll check with Jet Pilot tomorrow to see if this is the norm before installing. Just wondering from others who have used it before tearing into the existing Hydro Turf that the boat came with. Guess I figured it would be little larger vs smaller.

Some areas are 1/2"...some much as 3/4"

seadek_zpsf7ec4f5a.jpg

I hope that's just an anomaly and that @JetBoatPilot can fix it for you. I'll be getting my order late as I won't be installing it till spring time but I will check mine when it comes in.

Hmmm. I had planned on pulling my old hydro turf up this fall and installing my new Sea Dec this spring... I guess I had better check now.. I hope it is just a crazy single mistake.

This is my install. Not the best picture tho.
photo 8.jpeg photo 5.JPG

From your pic the "grain" of the teak looks to be running the wrong way as well.

Others I have seen look like woodgrain. Here's one from a Monterey..IMG_20140215_121444_447.jpg
See how the grain runs with the slats?

Mine was undersized a bit as well. I would've preferred it to be larger but didn't have any issues covering blemishes since the Hydro Turf was thoroughly removed.

The "grain" also runs the "wrong" way though that's a non-issue for me--especially considering the price.

2014-09-14_seadek_sp.JPG

The set I just got from jbp runs the "wrong" way. Not sure it's really wrong though....

This is my install. Not the best picture tho.

I made the mistake of removing both of Hydro Turf mats before installing the Sea Dek. There were no straight angles to get a good center line measurement off of which meant aligning the new mats caused some unnecessary stress. As you can see, I ended up installing closer to the outside lip than the original a) to cover a very small scratch in the fiberglass which must've been there from the factory and b) it seemed logical that'd be where traction was most needed (as opposed to innermost part of the swim deck). At least, that's what I'm telling myself...yours looks great, BTW.

Grain, texture and color looks good to me. Maybe the rear platform pieces can be cut larger...maybe.

It looks like your mats were cut correctly. We used the same file that was used for all the other 240 and 242 jobs.

I am not sure why there is a discrepancy. Maybe Yamaha changed their design after we templated our kits. We did our templates on 2010 model year boats.

As for the grain, we have to nest the parts on one large sheet and the best yield comes from orienting the sheet that way. I've seen SeaDek do it both ways so I don't know of the grain being cut left to right vs top to bottom should be considered wrong.

The grain looks correct to me. It's the same as the 2015 Yamaha's.20140919_152617.jpg

Ok thanks for the replies, I'll goahead and install the smaller sized Seadek.

Back