• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sea Doo GTX 300

renrab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Took one of these bad boys for a ride yesterday while out on the water. In sport mode this insane little ski was topping out just shy of 80MPH. What a riot. Got my eyes on the lookout for a new toy yet again :D

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought a 215 last year and my buddy just got the RTX 285 or something. Let me say this. Although they are a blast to ride and have insane holeshot potential.....These bastards chew through gas. I'm not kidding. It seems like this thing is always on empty. My other buddy has a Honda Aquatrax with turbo. His does not have the same holeshot, but it's top speed is close. While cruising around on the lake a few weeks ago we both started with full tanks. At the end I was close to empty and he still had around 3/4 of a tank left. Just something to keep in mind...

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Took one of these bad boys for a ride yesterday while out on the water. In sport mode this insane little ski was topping out just shy of 80MPH. What a riot. Got my eyes on the lookout for a new toy yet again :D
Unless that ski had the ECU flashed no way can it hit close to 80mph stock. I have the FX SVHO and ride weekly with GP1800 SVHO and RXP 300 (lighter smaller seadoo of ski you ride) and we all hit about 70 on the guage before dying out...With any mods that speed is easily achieved.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Unless that ski had the ECU flashed no way can it hit close to 80mph stock. I have the FX SVHO and ride weekly with GP1800 SVHO and RXP 300 (lighter smaller seadoo of ski you ride) and we all hit about 70 on the guage before dying out...With any mods that speed is easily achieved.
Exactly, the dreamometers are only there to boost the ego of the guy that just dropped way too much coin on a rocket. Getting a PWC up over 80mph stock will never happen as they have all had a long standing agreement that they will not produce one out of the crate to top over 65mph. I do believe it was never written into law.

Quoted from an online resource as to this rumor "To address this problem and to protect the general boating population, the Coast Guard and personal watercraft manufacturers created a ‘gentlemen’s agreement’ in 1999 to limit the top speeds of Jet Skis to 65 mph. Though the agreement is informal, manufacturers choose to comply to improve the safety of their products.

What’s interesting is that no regulatory agency has stepped in and created legally binding rules to control the manufacturing of Jet Skis. However, when you consider the agreement with the Coast Guard to limit top speeds from a reputational perspective, things make a little more sense. For example, a Jet Ski manufacturer wouldn’t want to be well known for creating Jet Skis that don’t comply with the Coast Guard’s suggestions. In addition, there are ethical considerations as well."

With the slightest mods, they will do that easily. And the new 4-stroke turbo and supercharged pwc will get to that speed faster than any other. Arm stretching is an understatement. But 80mph is not happening. Hell my 12 year old GP1300R's will read 74mph on the dreamometer too. But I know better.

They are an amazing machine though aren't they? wow!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The speed on all skis stock is limited to 69mph not 65. My fzs svho when stock would hit 69/70(gps) and stay there .
The stock wheel speedo would say 77mph

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would agree with that, as I know our GP1300R's are pushing faster than 65mph on a regular basis. 74mph on the dreamo was not 9mph off. and the handheld GPS was saying otherwise as well.

That was a quote from an internet source, so you know it's all fake! HA!

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I believe the agreement was made at 68 haha but I could be wrong. I used the gps speed app on my iphone and hit 68.7 and speedometer says 70 so not bad. The new GP1800 is a rocket though wants to jump right out of the water its so light.