• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seadek Install - Terra over Black 242 Limited S

Billy Duncan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, finally got around to installing the Seadek from last Fall group buy on JPB. It looks fantastic compared to the old HydroTurf. When I was trying to figure out color and style of the SeaDek I wanted to go with, there were not very many examples of this color scheme. SO here are some more examples of the Terra over Black SeaDek and how it looks on my boat.TOB0.jpg TOB1.jpg TOB5.jpg TOB7.jpg TOB6.jpg TOB4.jpg TOB2.jpg TOB9.jpg TOB8.jpg TOB3.jpg TOB10.jpg TOB11.jpg TOB12.jpg TOB13.jpg

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats a great color combo. Nice job. You will enjoy this more than any other mod.

Billy Duncan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thats a great color combo. Nice job. You will enjoy this more than any other mod.
Thank you! I think this color matched the interior the best and shouldn't cause any reflection burn issues! I noticed you are in Augusta... I am currently in Waynesboro with the boat. Planning on hitting up Clarks Hill Lake a bit before taking the boat home to Tennessee for the summer.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks Great!

Billy Duncan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've got a lot more to do to this boat! I picked the boat up last year at a steal of a price. It only had 62 hours on it when I bought it. It was basically neglected and hardly ever used. It just sat on a boat lift at these peoples lake home. I hade to completely rebuild the trailer, new tires and wheels, new bunks with new carpet and a new mast for the winch. It has a few places in the interior that are cracking that ill have to address before long (maybe next winter project). Ive done a lot of buffing to get the chalking out of one side of the boat and all emblems have been removed. I have all new emblems and decals to go back on but I'm wanting to do a little polishing before I put them on. After that, it will be Stereo upgrades and probably replace the fabric on the Bimini top, and replace some pin stripping that is dry rotted and cracked down each side if the boat.... but, do we ever really stop upgrading... lol

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you! I think this color matched the interior the best and shouldn't cause any reflection burn issues! I noticed you are in Augusta... I am currently in Waynesboro with the boat. Planning on hitting up Clarks Hill Lake a bit before taking the boat home to Tennessee for the summer.
Sweet, you should let me know when you're headed out. We're 5 miles from Wildwood Park. Might be able to join you out there! We're nearly at full pool after all the rain the last few weeks.
Andy

Billy Duncan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sweet, you should let me know when you're headed out. We're 5 miles from Wildwood Park. Might be able to join you out there! We're nearly at full pool after all the rain the last few weeks.
Andy
I will do it... Im just waiting on a couple more 80+ degree days to warm that water up a bit more and it's on! It warms up a lot sooner here than it does at home so we will have the boat here till about the middle of May. I will have the boat here periodically this summer as well. Where are the hang out spots people usually go on Clarks Hill?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah well hang out spots. Not many, did I say many? I meant any. The local high school kids usually grab their parents (Insert high end expensive wake boat brand _______ here) and beach at a spot called little Aruba. They drink, smoke, and litter the beach, but they do hang regularly.

Since we always have 2 families, we usually find a beach away from all that about 1-2 coves away from the visitors center by the dam. The water circulates regularly, the beaches are clean and we can spread out with a sun tent, chairs, grill. The kids have plenty of space to swim and jump off the boat. See the red X in this view?

Attachments

Billy Duncan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah well hang out spots. Not many, did I say many? I meant any. The local high school kids usually grab their parents (Insert high end expensive wake boat brand _______ here) and beach at a spot called little Aruba. They drink, smoke, and litter the beach, but they do hang regularly.

Since we always have 2 families, we usually find a beach away from all that about 1-2 coves away from the visitors center by the dam. The water circulates regularly, the beaches are clean and we can spread out with a sun tent, chairs, grill. The kids have plenty of space to swim and jump off the boat. See the red X in this view?
Yeah I'm not too interested in a bunch of High School kids, however my 3 teenage daughters would probably disagree... lol... Yeah I prefer the smaller gatherings and tying up with a few boats listening to music and doing a little day drinking! lol... floating around where I don't have to worry about getting run over!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very nice work. That color combo looks like a great match to the interior. As much as I loved the HydroTurf that I had made for our boat, the next boat will probably have SeaDek like this.

The boat I am considering is the black exterior with grayish interior. I suppose this color would not go well. I do see that seadek is available to match that interior, but the more natural wood colors are so classy.

Nice work either way. It truly has transformed your boat.

Billy Duncan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here are a few pictures of the removal of the old HydroTurf. When I was trying to figure out what was going to work best for the removal process, I spent a lot of time surfing the Forum looking for pictures and and "documented" processes that worked for other people. What I found was there were not very many people that had pictures of their process, but 20 different people had 20 different ways to tell you how to do it and what worked for them. I'm a visual person, so I like pictures or video of the process. With that said, what worked best for me was Goo-Off / Goo-Gone (Same Stuff), and a 3 " wide scrapper with the razer blade turned around backward as to use the dull end on the backside to remove the turf. I used probably 8 bottles in total of the Goo-Off / Goo-Gone to remove the turf and all the glue left behind. I used a standard razor blade you would use to remove paint from glass or stickers from windows to get the remainder of the glue that was stubborn and didn't want to turn loose. After I got all the glue off, I hit the swim platform with my buffer to bring back that showroom shine all around where the old HydroTurf used to be. Once I got it shinning like new, I wiped it down really well with acetone to remove any final debris and any wax from buffing, then I was ready to start laying the new SeaDek. ***REMOVING OLD HYDROTURF IS A PAIN IN THE A$$*** So be ready for some cussing, aggravation, and some beer drinking! All in all, the swim platform will give you the most grief take the old HydroTurf up, the interior pieces come up fairly easy. The swimplatform takes the most baking from the sun and it shows when try and remove it. It's all worth it in the end!Hydroturf 1.jpg Hydroturf 2.jpg Hydroturf 4.jpg Hydroturf 3.jpg Hydroturf 5.jpg Hydroturf 6.jpg Hydroturf 7.jpg

IN2H2O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thank you so much for posting photos of Terra, 3 years later there still are not many photos of it. I had place a order of Mocha this morning and it just seemed to brown and then I cam across your post and I'm thinking Terra is going to look WAY better. Called up JetBoatPilot and they were easily able to switch up the order. A+ customer service

1619201432276.png

Guy in a Boat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well, finally got around to installing the Seadek from last Fall group buy on JPB. It looks fantastic compared to the old HydroTurf. When I was trying to figure out color and style of the SeaDek I wanted to go with, there were not very many examples of this color scheme. SO here are some more examples of the Terra over Black SeaDek and how it looks on my boat.View attachment 70483 View attachment 70484 View attachment 70485 View attachment 70486 View attachment 70487 View attachment 70488 View attachment 70489 View attachment 70490 View attachment 70491 View attachment 70492 View attachment 70493 View attachment 70494 View attachment 70495 View attachment 70496
New guy here. I have this same boat model and I am considering Seadeck from JetBoatPilot. How has this stood up over the last three years?