1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seadek Installed Terra over Black

Discussion in '2016 Yamaha Boats' started by Brad Meeuwse, May 9, 2018.

1. Brad Meeuwse

Brad Meeuwse New Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    As promised, here is the Terra over Black Seadek installed on our 2016 242. When I was "shopping" it was pretty difficult to find posts with the different colors of seadek installed on the 2015 and newer 242. So, hopefully this helps someone. The removal of the factory chocolate seadek was really pretty easy. Maybe mine was not installed very well or something. I used a heat gun to get it warm to touch and then used a faster but steady speed. The decking liked to come out in sections of two strips at a time. Barely left any residue. A bit of goof off and a final cleaning of acetone and done. The hardest part was getting the lines perfect. Take your time and its done in a day. All the Optional items are on the way. I will post those as well. IMG_1760.jpg IMG_1761.jpg IMG_1760.jpg IMG_1761.jpg IMG_1762.jpg IMG_1760.jpg IMG_1760.jpg IMG_1761.jpg IMG_1762.jpg IMG_1766.jpg IMG_1752.jpg IMG_1754.jpg IMG_1765.jpg IMG_1783.jpg IMG_1782.jpg IMG_1784.jpg IMG_1769.jpg IMG_1789.jpg IMG_1791.jpg IMG_1767.jpg IMG_1760.jpg IMG_1761.jpg IMG_1762.jpg IMG_1766.jpg IMG_1752.jpg IMG_1754.jpg IMG_1765.jpg IMG_1783.jpg IMG_1782.jpg IMG_1784.jpg IMG_1769.jpg IMG_1789.jpg IMG_1791.jpg IMG_1767.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brad Meeuwse

Brad Meeuwse New Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    For some reason the pictures posted multiple times. oops. not sure how to fix that. sorry....

3. waternutt

waternutt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 1
    Boat Make:
    Chaparral
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    VR
    Boat Length:
    I want your garage! Nice work.

4. Ronnie

Ronnie Jetboaters Admiral

Ratings:
    +3,273 / 48
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    Looks great but I was distracted by the helicopter, jet and prop plane in the background. I would consider myself fortunate just to have a covered place to work on my boat when I install the terra over black seadek I ordered (basically every thing you did not order as my family wants to keep the carpet).

5. sofakingbig

sofakingbig Jet Boat Lover

Ratings:
    +143 / 4
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    Looks Outstanding! @Brad Meeuwse where did you get your Seadek? I see yours came in singular pieces for the bow floor, ski locker and rear cockpit. THAT would have been nice!!

Boat looks tiny next to "Sexy Sue" LOL!

6. Brad Meeuwse

Brad Meeuwse New Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    haha! yes, sexy sue is a sweetheart. i ordered my seadek through will at jet boat pilot. i requested those middle mats be combined. it was $100 extra, but worth it i think. i had ordered all the optional mats as well, but they were not in my shipment. a little miscommunication, but the mats are on their way now. i will send one...only one picture... of the optional mats installed. not 100 pictures over and over again. lol i think the terra over black is a great color choice with the tan accents on the interior. id recommend it...:)