• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SeaDek Installed

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

PMChapVortex

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
That looks awesome! Did you do the job yourself? What was the final cost? Any issues with fitment or pieces?

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I started to do it myself and got 6 pieces attached then took it down to jetboatpilot (I'm only about an hour and a half away from his store). There was a small mix-up in the pieces so he got it straightened out and installed for me. I highly recommend doing it yourself - it's very easy, but also very tedious getting it lined up perfectly. There was no issue with fitting of the pieces that I did. My total cost was $840 with the 30% discount.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@blackhawkpilot I have to admit, I have a very serious case of ASP platform extension envy!

--

Win MIller

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That looks Awesome! I just bought SeaDek for our new boat and planned to install myself. If ours comes out looking like yours I'll be thrilled!

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

PMChapVortex

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Definitely need to put some pics on the Vortex Facebook page!

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Great idea...done!!!

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Search for Vortex Boats

Micah Thompson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
That looks amazing, makes me wish I didn't spend money for the "Beach Weave" carpet upgrade, lol. Could have put that money into this!

SilverTT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks really great. Trying to think of any downsides to doing this, but can't really think of any. Maybe washing a lot of sand / mud out of the boat, but even that shouldn't be too hard. I ordered the snap in beach weave carpet which I hope is decent quality as I didn't get a chance to see it before ordering. One question, what did you do about all the snap / buttons on the fiberglass. Did you remove them or does the seadeck have little indents to "take-in" the snap so it doesn't leave a lump from the top side?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks really great. Trying to think of any downsides to doing this, but can't really think of any. Maybe washing a lot of sand / mud out of the boat, but even that shouldn't be too hard. I ordered the snap in beach weave carpet which I hope is decent quality as I didn't get a chance to see it before ordering. One question, what did you do about all the snap / buttons on the fiberglass. Did you remove them or does the seadeck have little indents to "take-in" the snap so it doesn't leave a lump from the top side?
Yes, you have to remove the snaps and fill the wholes, most people use 5200 3M.

--

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Some of the snaps were screwed in, others I had to pop out with a flat-head screwdriver. Wasn't hard. I didn't do the whole install, but the ones I did install, I filled in the holes.