• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SeaDek on the FSH and Fishing

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
anyone that fishes their FSH and has SeaDek.. is it worth or or more of a PITA to keep clean?

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In early August, managed to slip and skin / deglove most of the skin from my right Achilles area. Maybe 1" square... bled ALL OVER the SeaDek... like a stuck pig.

I could not clean it off right away due to compromised mobility + some weather issues. A couple days later, most of the blood came right out with only a few buckets of lake water. Rest came out with a bit of Simple Green + water + very light brushing. Super easy. I was very pleased.

I can't speak for scales, but I would not be too concerned about blood & guts.

Last edited:

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
anyone that fishes their FSH and has SeaDek.. is it worth or or more of a PITA to keep clean?
I did the stern in seadek only for three reasons: 1) it is the lounge area so a little more comfortable 2) It gives my dogs something to dig their nails into when getting back on the boat and 3) I didnt want fish guts on it for the fishing part of the boat. Works for me.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I installed in my last boat and loved it. Matter of fact one of the kids slipped and fell in the boat over the weekend. First words out of his mouth " are you going to put that stuff on the floor like you did the last one"?.. I would say easier to clean than the non skid gel surface. Very nice on the feet as well. I did the snow camo so it didn't show anything. I'm thinking of placing an order myself .IMG_20161015_173120975_HDR.jpg

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Fish guts, Blood, and scales all over Seadek... Warm Water and simple green came right off (hours later) awesome stuff

dlkhmk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Same here. Did the swim deck, helm pad, and console. No issues cleaning in both fresh and salt water. Don't hestitate!!! Got mine last year during Jetboatpilots group buy. Saved a bunch of $$

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I'm gonna get it for the swim deck, leave the rest of the boat bare.. I really don't like the look of all the separate pieces all over the place.

Paxton Corwin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I’ve got a 2016 190 FSH that had SeaDek installed at Cycle Springs. My issue is that it has come off or at least started to bubble/come loose in every location that has the non-slip texture on the fiberglass surface. Has anyone had this problem? I feel like it might not be worth replacing if it is not ideal for this surface. I love the SeaDek but don’t want to keep replacing it only to have the problem again.

dlkhmk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I had the same problem. Rear swim deck piece had a large bubbled. I pulled it up, cleaned thoroughly, and will be trying to re-glue. I ordered a can of 3M #72 psa. No problems yet with other pieces.

Paxton Corwin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I had the same problem. Rear swim deck piece had a large bubbled. I pulled it up, cleaned thoroughly, and will be trying to re-glue. I ordered a can of 3M #72 psa. No problems yet with other pieces.
I thought about doing that. SeaDek will tell you it’s a “one time application” but as much of a PITA it is to get the old glue up, what the h$&@ would it matter if I put another adhesive down to try and reapply it?

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@Paxton Corwin I've had mine on for over a year of saltwater fishing on it, over 100 hours on it, spilling fish guts and blood, kids at the sand bar on and off and never had any issues. It cleans off easy and have no stains.
The process of installation has a lot to do on how long they are going to last, ammonia based cleaner followed by acetone on the surface area is a must.
I installed mine on the swim platform non-slip area and have not had any issues. Yours maybe just bad preparation before installation by the dealer.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did the Swim Platform as well, Chum, Fish Blood and Guts not a problem so far, a little Simple Green and a strong hose and all comes off.I know you know.jpg I know you know.jpg

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm sure it was dealer installation issue. In today's world, EVERYTHING you want done right should be done by yourself. These dealers pay these young kids a dollar over minimum wage to do these installs and are not supervised. I can assure you they did NO prep work and threw the Sedek down on a unprepped dirty floor. I have NO issues because I installed it MYSELF, as per the manufacturers instructions (Ammonia based cleaner followed by thorough Acetone clean).

HABANEROTE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Full Floor is 959.85, Platform is 319.95 I just ordered full floor and Plattform... im happy with the material boat comes from factory... so Im using the same brand..

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
So how's it holding up? Do you have a link to the precut pieces or did you just call?

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Paxton Corwin I've had mine on for over a year of saltwater fishing on it, over 100 hours on it, spilling fish guts and blood, kids at the sand bar on and off and never had any issues. It cleans off easy and have no stains.
The process of installation has a lot to do on how long they are going to last, ammonia based cleaner followed by acetone on the surface area is a must.
I installed mine on the swim platform non-slip area and have not had any issues. Yours maybe just bad preparation before installation by the dealer.

@Danielmailin hey man can you give me an idea how you did the LEDs under the backrest on your transam they look awesome, any information you can share would be great as I am trying to do the same to mine but have not figured out a good way to adhere them and how to run the wires back to the helm. Thanks bro

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@I know You know these were the lights I used:

RioRand 2-Piece Waterproof Aluminum High Power 6W 6000K Xenon Slim COB LED Daytime Running Light (White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C1YI2XA/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_Z2pnCbDCH3QQP

They have a stick on self adhesive back, I use a hair blower to heat up the adhesive before installing. I did not remove the backrest, I just place them as far in and flat I could place them by hand. I wire then to the stern light pole wire so they are on with the night ligths.
I will try to post some pictures as soon as I get a chance.
They have been working for over 3 years without any problems.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@I know You know these were the lights I used:

RioRand 2-Piece Waterproof Aluminum High Power 6W 6000K Xenon Slim COB LED Daytime Running Light (White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C1YI2XA/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_Z2pnCbDCH3QQP

They have a stick on self adhesive back, I use a hair blower to heat up the adhesive before installing. I did not remove the backrest, I just place them as far in and flat I could place them by hand. I wire then to the stern light pole wire so they are on with the night ligths.
I will try to post some pictures as soon as I get a chance.
They have been working for over 3 years without any problems.
Thank you man I appreciate it.