• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

SeaDek , WetSounds, and Wax

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally got some more work done to my boat, been too busy at work to use the boat on the weekends, but I have been working on it during the week.
I had all of my tower and speakers replaced withWetsounds.
Had the 4 cockpit speakers replaced with wet sounds 650S
Each one has its own amplifier channel.
2 - REV-10s installed on the outside edge of each tower.
Each REV-10 has 2 ch bridge into it.
The factory JL 10" sub was working great ,so we kept it.

I replaced the old CLARiiON Remote with a new one, and added a remote to the swim step transom area. The CLARiiON head was already replaced with a newer CM D – 8

My fiberglass fenders were completely faded, so I buffed them out with a Maguires 67 marine rubbing compound, then waxed them with Maguires premium Marine wax, they turned out pretty well considering I was going to replace them

Last edited:
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Ask and you shall receive...haha.

That is 1 sweet a$$ boat you have there.

image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg

Looks pimp. . . . I didn't realize Mastercraft has a Jetboat in the line up. ;)

...I know..I know.... LOL..
...Do try to Keep my Jet Post more "General" ...than MasterCraft Specific...
Since this is a 2006 MasterCraft...I figured I would post the progress of bringing it back to life..so other could see what they can do to an older Yamaha they may want to update..

I like the XS650's so far, I had Mistakenly ordered the lower powered version XS 65i - I could tell when the I picked up the carton ... All 4 speakers felt the weight of 2 of the JLs that came with the Boat...I called WetSound asap, they told me mostly those Speakers are what Boat MFG order to put in their "WETSOUNDS" equipped standard models...

The XS 650 and XS808 (if you have the room) are the ones to get....

My factory JLs were 7" the 650's are 6.5" so a Reducer disc had to be install to look clean and Fit Proper...
Although I have a 10" JL Sub, I still Cross over the TOWER and Cockpit speakers Lower than most would....
Reason? - we don't play the Boat Stereo very Loud, but, I do like to feel low and mid Bass all the Time...So Im not really Taxing the AMPS and SPEAKERs as hard as someone looking for Top SPLs...

I have the System Zoned as FRONT FADER is all In Boat (cockpit/Bow) speakers and REAR FADER is TOWER and SUB.
I was able to Manually adjust the Front and Rear InBoat speaker ratios at the AMP to my liking...
I did the Same with the TOWER and SUB Ratio

...I know..I know.... LOL..
...Do try to Keep my Jet Post more "General" ...than MasterCraft Specific...
Since this is a 2006 MasterCraft...I figured I would post the progress of bringing it back to life..so other could see what they can do to an older Yamaha they may want to update..

You know I was joking. . . . Please keep the posts (and the pics) coming. She looks great.

..I did indeed

That's a great looking boat @lashburn1. Keep the pics coming. What's she powered with? Wouldn't mind a peak under the hood if you get a chance.

That's a great looking boat @lashburn1. Keep the pics coming. What's she powered with? Wouldn't mind a peak under the hood if you get a chance.

This is kind of a rare Engine for MC , its a Closed Cooled Crusader 5.7 SaltWater Series...they only supplied MC with SaltWater Engines and only for a few years..Pretty cool and Bullet proof, it also has a Hose Hook up like the Yamaha so you can Flush when you are done...

The company makes a lot on Engines so most marine Mechanics are familiar with them and Parts are supposed to be easy to get...

I don't have Any Pics...yet...

Got to go out last Saturday for a test run...IMG_0351.JPGIMG_9518.jpgIMG_9520.jpgIMG_0306.JPGIMG_0341.JPGIMG_0353.JPG

Had a 5.7 Crusader closed loop in a MC, it was a good motor but had one issue; if you overheat (when raw water impeller goes bad) it is a SOB to 'burp' the cooling system. We always had to hold the resevoir tank high and rev the motor to 5000rpm while adding coolant. I hope they fixed that issue by now. This was a 2007 or 2008 boat.

Great looking boat! Love that swim platform!

Nice wave!!!

Had a 5.7 Crusader closed loop in a MC, it was a good motor but had one issue; if you overheat (when raw water impeller goes bad) it is a SOB to 'burp' the cooling system. We always had to hold the resevoir tank high and rev the motor to 5000rpm while adding coolant. I hope they fixed that issue by now. This was a 2007 or 2008 boat.

Great looking boat! Love that swim platform!

Hey, Thanks Murf!
good to know... I did, get ALL fluids changed out and a new Impeller, when I bought it, I had my local Mechanic do the pre inspection on vitals, and Full tune after I purchased it.

I just want to start out with a good base on all service info...

Back