• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seadoo spark help

Jmcis

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just put in my spark in the water for the first time this season. I had a oil change at end of season by a Seadoo dealership. It was kept in a heated garage all winter. The oil pressure sensor came on , made to dock, Seadoo running for about five minutes o more. Checked oil immediately, none in dip stick . Found oil inside hull, how much damage to engine could have taken place? How do you handle dealership , knowing they won't take blame for this?

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That is actually a low oil light not low oil pressure. You may not have any damage or it might be catastrophic, when the low oil light came on that's one light you shouldn't ignore. My bet is that they forgot to install the O ring on the oil filter housing. I would take a look at that first and video yourself removing the oil filter cap, if they did forget the O ring I would go back to the servicing dealer with the video proof. I would let them know what happened leaving out the part that you kept it running after the low oil light came on and have them check the engine for damage.