• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sealed the deal on our new 2019 212 Limited S!

NJ-JetGuy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Excited to announce that we sealed the deal on our new boat! After months of research and shopping we decided on a leftover 2019 Yamaha 212 Limited S. We were also considering a Chaparral H2O (now SSI in 21’) but the Yamaha won us over on fit and finish, and most of all in roominess and capacity.

Sticker price was $55,599.00 for the boat with a painted trailer. We negotiated the following:

- No cost trailer swap from painted to an OEM Yamaha galvanized trailer (will need this for use in salt water).
- Dealer discount of $6,000.00 off the boat plus $500.00 off the trailer. Total discount of $6,500.00 or about 12% off MSRP.
- Removal of dealer new boat setup fee, savings of $500.00.
- 50% discount on freight cost (was $1,650.00) savings of $825.00.
- No charge Yamaha 3 year warranty extension ($1,750.00 value) for a total of 4 years of coverage.
- Free first year winter storage ($600.00 value).
- 180 month Yamaha financing at 5.74%. Planning to keep the payment low and payoff the balance in 2-3 years.

All totaled we realized a value of $10,175.00 in savings on our new boat, and found the exact boat we were looking for. Pickup is this weekend! Very excited to get her out on the water for our first ride!

Thanks to all of the JetBoaters.net members who have posted great information and replied with solid feedback. I hope to be sticking around here for a long time.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congratulations. We hope you can put a lot of hours on it before the weather changes.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Wow that's a great deal on a great boat, how hardball were the negotiations? I'm looking at a'19 212 Limited....

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations! Post up some pictures when you get her home.

Message me for your jetboaters discount. I can save you $10,176.00 off a $55,599.00 wakeboard. 😉 I'll even throw in a rope! 🤝 Lol!
20190308_010358.jpg

NJ-JetGuy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow that's a great deal on a great boat, how hardball were the negotiations? I'm looking at a'19 212 Limited....
It took some shopping and some persistence but great deals can get done.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good luck with the new boat! Sounds like you got a great deal!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yas great boat enjoy it, and please post them pics

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Excited to announce that we sealed the deal on our new boat! After months of research and shopping we decided on a leftover 2019 Yamaha 212 Limited S. We were also considering a Chaparral H2O (now SSI in 21’) but the Yamaha won us over on fit and finish, and most of all in roominess and capacity.

Sticker price was $55,599.00 for the boat with a painted trailer. We negotiated the following:

- No cost trailer swap from painted to an OEM Yamaha galvanized trailer (will need this for use in salt water).
- Dealer discount of $6,000.00 off the boat plus $500.00 off the trailer. Total discount of $6,500.00 or about 12% off MSRP.
- No charge Yamaha 3 year warranty extension ($1,750.00 value) for a total of 4 years of coverage.
- 180 month Yamaha financing at 5.74%. Planning to keep the payment low and payoff the balance in 2-3 years.

All totaled we realized a value of $10,175.00 in savings on our new boat, and found the exact boat we were looking for. Pickup is this weekend! Very excited to get her out on the water for our first ride!

Thanks to all of the JetBoaters.net members who have posted great information and replied with solid feedback. I hope to be sticking around here for a long time.
Awesome! Congrats! AND...let the mods begin, along with having great times being on the water. :winkingthumbsup"

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Grats!!

I was looking at doing the same thing but did all the math on the interest at the 60 month mark and the 180 month mark and just couldn’t justify paying that much.
Congrats again ... you are going to enjoy it!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
well there you go. that was your mistake. never do the math! It never add up! :)

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
well there you go. that was your mistake. never do the math! It never add up! :)
So true...besides you can't put a price on good times. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

NJ-JetGuy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys! We put her in the water this past weekend and had a great time. Had 7 adults onboard and felt comfortable. Also, the twin 1800’s have plenty of power, even with a fully loaded boat. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks guys! We put her in the water this past weekend and had a great time. Had 7 adults onboard and felt comfortable. Also, the twin 1800’s have plenty of power, even with a fully loaded boat. Here are a few pics.
Congrats on the new ride!!!

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Great looking boat, I thought you had negotiated a galvanized trailer though? 3rd pic looks like the painted trailer.

NJ-JetGuy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great looking boat, I thought you had negotiated a galvanized trailer though? 3rd pic looks like the painted trailer.
Correct. They let me take the boat with the painted trailer. They ordered a new 2020 on galvanized and plan to swap me out over the winter when in storage.

Good eye!

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
NICE!!! You have a cool dealer there, you are lucky! I was waiting for your pics this weekend, going to go after the same boat in the next couple weeks so I noticed the trailer...just gotta get through this GD mortgage process, its killing me...:arghh:

NJ-JetGuy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NICE!!! You have a cool dealer there, you are lucky! I was waiting for your pics this weekend, going to go after the same boat in the next couple weeks so I noticed the trailer...just gotta get through this GD mortgage process, its killing me...:arghh:
Yes, they were good to work with. Actually planning to write them a Google review tonight. What mortgage process? Taking out a second for the new boat? I did the 180 months @ 5.74%. It’s low for a boat but a high rate in general. Not really concerned as I plan to pay off the balance in 3-4 years.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess the days of 2.9% for the first 5 years and 5.9% for the rest of the term are long gone. Havent seen that deal since i got my boat 3 years ago. By the time i hit my 5.9% mark my balance will be minimal