• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Seat question

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So on my 212X seat every time I want to swivel towards the center I have to reach under and fumble with the lever. To me this is annoying. Has anyone ever found a way to adjust?mod this lever so the seat swivel is permanent. Or maybe it is already possible and I am missing something?

Fumble is right, don't know if everyone's is the same but you have to crank like hell on mine to get it to release. When it finally does it makes a loud snapping noise and I'd swear something broke.

Im sure there may be a way to rig something into the latch area to keep it in position while in swivel mode? I just haven't figured it out yet.

Would be nice if they could figure out a way for power seats that would last in wet environments.

Fumble is right, don't know if everyone's is the same but you have to crank like hell on mine to get it to release. When it finally does it makes a loud snapping noise and I'd swear something broke.
Mine is the same, hard as heck to release, and when it does it sounds like I broke it. I've also got the added problem of notch in my seat base and a screw in the pedestal that keeps me from rotating more than 45 degrees.

Mine doesn't swivel beyond 45 either, I just assumed that was the extent of the rotation?

Mine has a flip lock that you just flip up or down to rotate...it is easy. I did read where someone removed the knob on the post that stops the rotation at 45 degrees.

Unfortunately my seat base and pedestal are different than the one in that thread. I've tried to remove the screw but it just spins, I've also tried to lift the seat off the pedestal hoping to get a look at the backside of the screw but the seat stops just short of lifting off. I've pretty much given up unless a new idea pops up.

Some of the pics on that thread are of the original seat, some the replacement. @itsdgm may have more he can post. You should be able to lift the chair completely off the post pretty easily (I forget how it is loosened from the post).

Also, keep in mind Yamaha put the pin there to stop owners from hitting the bench seat with the captains chair and tearing the fabric of the bench seat.

Mine doesn't swivel beyond 45 either, I just assumed that was the extent of the rotation?
It's not supposed to rotate past 45°, if rotated past 45° it will contact the throttle levers and could cause a potential hazard.

I was able to lift the seat off without having to remove any fasteners. The bolt preventing rotation has a locknut on the inside. My seat only hits the throttles if it is all the way forward and I swivel to 90deg. I only swivel when we are drifting so the engines are off anyway.

Yeah I just want to ssibel towards the center while just hanging out. Next nice day I am going to work on it to see if there is a quick fix/insert to keep the handle locked into place when it is moved to the swivil position

Back