1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. Want to buy your boat a Christmas gift? How about some Cobra Jet Steering? From now until Dec 31 Jeff is offering forum members all Cobra Jet Steering 20% off!!!!!

Please send a PM(converstation message to @Cobra Jet Steering LLC) or email jeff@cobrajetsteering.com to place orders or for questions about a particular product, please list the make, model and year of your boat " year is last 2 digits of hull number", also the state you reside in or the state you want it shipped to . Offer Not valid in combination with other offers or discounts, subject to availability of inventory. AND Free shipping in the U S A.

You can dismiss this notice (if you are a member) by clicking the "X" in the upper right>>>>>>>>>

Dismiss Notice

Seniors

Discussion in 'Polls' started by John McLaughlin, Apr 15, 2017.

1. John McLaughlin

John McLaughlin Active Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    I am curious as to how many seniors are out there and own a jet boat as i am 72 and looking to purchase one.

2. Andy S

Andy S Jetboaters Admiral

Ratings:
    +2,530 / 31
    Boat Make:
    Cobalt
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
  3. John McLaughlin

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    Andy
    Thanks
    I just went to that thread. I found it depressing after reading some of their comments. It just seems to me so many want to pack so much into their lives at a young age and when they reach my age they won't have anything to live for and end being a couch potato. :nailbiting:

So I wondering if I could just limit this thread to Seniors who are still enjoying life.

• Like Like x 1
  4. zipper

zipper Jet Boat Junkie

Ratings:
    +767 / 13
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    @John McLaughlin I do not think I have quite yet reached Senior status, but I do have an AARP card. My wife and I love the quality time we spend on our Yamaha. Not too many 60+ voters on the poll above. These "sport" boats appeal to the folks who ski, wakeboard and surf. We have not done any of that on our boat...but we enjoy paddleboarding, fishing and grilling but mostly kick back and relax. 56 here, the co-pilot, she will not let me say.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  5. McMark

McMark Jetboaters Lieutenant

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 24
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    I would think that a jet boat would put a smile on anyone's face no matter what the age. I'm 53, the mrs is 61 and she loves the boat. Probably what matters as much as anything is your admiral and if she is able to lasso dock cleats and help a little. If so you are good to go.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Cobra Jet Steering LLC Jetboaters Captain

Ratings:
    +2,020 / 34
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
    Other
    hmmmm when I escape from the nursing home I like to go to the water and watch the p w c's ride around.

Just a few examples of this senior having fun. If you need to ask you probably shouldn't do it. " WITH WITNESSES AROUND THAT IS"

• Like Like x 1
  7. bobbie

bobbie Jetboaters Lieutenant

Ratings:
    +1,346 / 7
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    X
    Boat Length:
    I'm 53 and a retiree.....we put almost 100 hours a year on our boat!

• Like Like x 1
  8. jdonalds

jdonalds Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +311 / 3
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    I'm 70. Boating is my favorite thing to do with my spare time. To me winter is just a waiting period between boating seasons. We take every opportunity to take friends and relatives out on the boat. We enjoy towing the tubes, wake boards, knee board, and skis. However I haven't been towed by a boat in quite a few years. I'm the captain.

I see no reason why I won't still have and use the boat for five more years. Only my physical limitations would keep me away.

I started boating when I was 19 years old. I've owned boats continuously since then, 100% sail boats until 2005 when I bought a jet ski which I rode mostly on the ocean in Southern California. Bought the boat in 2009.

• Like Like x 2
  9. John McLaughlin

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    @jdonald I agree. One day you wake up an realize life is to short not to have fun. Safe boating and see you on the water when you are 80.

10. captras

captras Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +520 / 27
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    I agree.....there are 2 things I hope to be able to do till the day I die.....Boating is one of them!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Retired37

Retired37 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    I know this is an older post however - Pushing the 60 digits, I am out every chance I get. I do ski, wakeboard (have not tried wake surfing yet) but one day I will. Do NOT let the age number play a roll in the decision on getting a boat.

Just my two cents.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. John McLaughlin

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    I bought my first jet boat at 72 as life is to short not to have fun.[flag]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Papa

Papa Jet Boat Lover

Ratings:
    +41 / 1
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    Hit 60 this year and hope to be boating until I am no more!
    Papa