• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Serious skipping

Willbvt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Plugs are gapped to spec fuel is treated. Bad coils???

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Are you able to post a video of it?

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
after you treated the gas did you refill the tank with good gas?

Willbvt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Refilled the tank with fresh 93 octane fuel, not able to get video but only getting 30mph out of it

Willbvt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Is there an on board diagnostics with these Yamaha boats?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Octane allows the fuel to hold out longer without blowing up, preventing detonation and backfire, so combustion occurs only when the spark is present.

Additional octane does not hurt, but there is no improvement unless the engine can accommodate the higher octane and adjusts timing for it.

Mixing octane will average it out (notice at the pump there are only 2 tanks but 3 fuel grades sometimes? They mix it too)

Putting high octane fuel on the boat is not the cause of your problem. Look elsewhere.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Our boats should run on 89 not 93. 93 is to rich.
The supercharged engines in the 192/195's according to the owners manual need a minimum of 91 at the pump octane number.

Willbvt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I put a bottle of the red heet as well as 1 1/4 bottles of sea foam in the fuel tank and since i bought it 3 weeks ago I've only put 93 in it. It is running much better had no issues today. I'm thinking I might have sucked up some crap from the bottom of the tank and clogged an injector.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thats great it takes some time for the RED to work and the addition of the NEW fuel also helped great news! If the PO did not use 91 octane thats a problem also if the gas that was in the tank was a ethanol gas it will separate into two different structures so the addition of the RED and the seafoam will take care of the "water" that separtated from the gas..

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2015 SX192’s only need 86. I only run 89 octane and I hit 59 miles an hour all the time.

Last edited:

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
2015 SX192’s only need 86. I only run 89 octane and I hit 59 miles an hour all the time.
I guess when they changed the SC for the 195's the Octane requirement changed...Good to know!
2020-07-06 (2).png