• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seriously considering the 2016 FSH 190 Deluxe

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have been in a bass boat for the past 20 years and finally started looking into center console boats. Something that I can fish out of but also is comfortable for my wife to layout on. I had been leaning towards the NauticStar until I saw these new jet boats. A friend of mine got one of the runabouts about 5 years ago and besides the tracking at low speeds he likes his. The price on these compared to most center console boats is really affordable as I just don't see dropping $40-$50k on a boat.

Current Planned Setup:
190 FSH Deluxe with the add on of swim platform cushions
Humminbird Helix 9 SI GPS
Minnkota Terrova or Riptide with iPilot 80lb thrust 24volt
Power Pole

Dealer said they could figure out a way to mount the power pole but I will have to see what I think before I tackle that since nobody seems to have done it yet.

90% fishing done on freshwater (KY Lake) and 10% Saltwater fishing bays in the gulf for red fish and trout about 10hrs away so won't be too often.

So far my big concerns have been fuel effeciency, jet clogging, and reviews with issues showing no motor communication. Considering Ky lake does have a lot of mill foil but with the trolling motor I think I can always get out of the grass using it. The trolling motor will also save the use of the fuel so not sure if that is still going to be a concern. I also wonder how well it will allow me in spring to get back in the bays and flip around trees?

Does anyone have experience with how the tracking does with a trolling motor on a windy day?
Anyone have some real clogging issues that require to pull the jet apart? Saw a video where someone had to remove a stick.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Billy Marlin glad to have you on board, sorry I can't answer your trolling motor questions but the FSH seems like a really nice set up for a center console jet boat,

rarely do you have to pull a pump to remove debris, usually you can reach it through the clean out port,

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I've had the boat for over 30 hours, been fishing in open ocean and shallow water have not had any major issues with jet clogging. I have been in water less the 2 feet and driven thru weed lines when trolling and the worst thing I've had to deal with was to access the clean out plug and clean the jet.
You will notice when you have something in the jet when you can accelerate full speed or hear cavitation from the impeller.
Also if trolling, make sure you turn the engine off or pick up any other line you have in the water when you caught something, as the extra line will get caught inside the impeller. No biggie, but a pain to cut off and clean out.

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I did find a great video on youtube done by Stokelys Marine which is actually not far from where I grew up. They show an easy step by step instructions for breaking the jet down in case you do get something really jammed in there. Considering a rope around a prop is just as bad I figure that is a toss up either way. My wife really likes that swim deck and after looking for a while at center console boats this boat runs about $10k less than most of the others start at.

Going to probably get the swim platform sea deck and cushions add-on from www.jetboatpilot.com and cup holder/organizer. Instead of mounting the gps to the console I am really thinking about ram mounting it above the console. This way I can spin it around and see it from the front of the boat when I am trying to stay on a ledge. Cheaper than getting a 2nd unit on the bow. Wish they would come up with a sonar mirroring screen so you only have to purchase one unit.

Really trying to keep my total purchase price around $35k since we just bought a nice 5th wheel camper last year and don't want to dig a debt hole too big.

The price between the salt water trolling motor and the fresh water does not seem to be much. Definitely going to buck up and get the iPilot link remote and Humminbird unit with iPilot. I really can't wait to use the iPilot contour feature so many times I am trolling a ledge trying to keep the boat in 20ft casting up into 5ft usually catching around 12-15ft and realize I have crept back up on the ledge on top of the fish. Also when they really have the dam running it would be nice to let the trolling motor hold my position so I just have to worry about casting.

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Heading down to the dealer this Saturday to drop my Triton Tr186 off to see about consignment or trade in. They are supposed to be getting 4 Deluxe models and 4 sport models. I really like the look of the sport but the price of the deluxe just makes more sense and I still get the bimini if I need shade.

Going to swing by Bass Pro need to compare the Huminbird Helix 9 to the 10. Now thinking about going just a little bit bigger so I can see it from the bow.

jrsmitty0519

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey did you ever find any information on the power pole installation?

I have been in a bass boat for the past 20 years and finally started looking into center console boats. Something that I can fish out of but also is comfortable for my wife to layout on. I had been leaning towards the NauticStar until I saw these new jet boats. A friend of mine got one of the runabouts about 5 years ago and besides the tracking at low speeds he likes his. The price on these compared to most center console boats is really affordable as I just don't see dropping $40-$50k on a boat.

Current Planned Setup:
190 FSH Deluxe with the add on of swim platform cushions
Humminbird Helix 9 SI GPS
Minnkota Terrova or Riptide with iPilot 80lb thrust 24volt
Power Pole

Dealer said they could figure out a way to mount the power pole but I will have to see what I think before I tackle that since nobody seems to have done it yet.

90% fishing done on freshwater (KY Lake) and 10% Saltwater fishing bays in the gulf for red fish and trout about 10hrs away so won't be too often.

So far my big concerns have been fuel effeciency, jet clogging, and reviews with issues showing no motor communication. Considering Ky lake does have a lot of mill foil but with the trolling motor I think I can always get out of the grass using it. The trolling motor will also save the use of the fuel so not sure if that is still going to be a concern. I also wonder how well it will allow me in spring to get back in the bays and flip around trees?

Does anyone have experience with how the tracking does with a trolling motor on a windy day?
Anyone have some real clogging issues that require to pull the jet apart? Saw a video where someone had to remove a stick.
Heading down to the dealer this Saturday to drop my Triton Tr186 off to see about consignment or trade in. They are supposed to be getting 4 Deluxe models and 4 sport models. I really like the look of the sport but the price of the deluxe just makes more sense and I still get the bimini if I need shade.

Going to swing by Bass Pro need to compare the Huminbird Helix 9 to the 10. Now thinking about going just a little bit bigger so I can see it from the bow.

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey did you ever find any information on the power pole installation?
I have found the boat doesnt track very straight, more like S turns however, this isnt a bad thing for me when fishing for salmon as it varies the speed between my port and starboard side lures. Is irritating when trying to fish a shoreline for bass though.
I have the helix 10 which is a great size. I dont have the side imaging dialed in yet as have been dealing with other issues first.
The helix is mounted on a ball which is installed on a console organizer from JBP. Here are the pieces ( not my boat) but I will show you my installation shortly. Works great as can adjust height and direction of screen for glare, bow or stern viewing and sitting or standing. 54D52F25-7E6D-4EAD-91EA-A9F8192ED732-943-0000014EB2A6B93B.jpeg9F299875-7472-43BD-932B-122590CDCC34-943-0000014DD588FDF1.jpeg

j_shoe99

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Kahuna, photos of helix 10 mounted please.

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I ended up not going with a power pole after being the first on a lot of things for this boat decided not to put any more money into it for now. I like the shallow anchor idea above but want to put the anchor point on the front of the boat. The main thing I would use this for is high current/wind while red fishing. They are so spooky that I don't want to have a loud trolling motor constantly turning when doing a drift.

Here is my helix 9 mounted so it can be viewed from the front of the boat. It has held up really well even in rough water and its nice to see when fishing from the front of the boat.

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I ended up not going with a power pole after being the first on a lot of things for this boat decided not to put any more money into it for now. I like the shallow anchor idea above but want to put the anchor point on the front of the boat. The main thing I would use this for is high current/wind while red fishing. They are so spooky that I don't want to have a loud trolling motor constantly turning when doing a drift.

Here is my helix 9 mounted so it can be viewed from the front of the boat. It has held up really well even in rough water and its nice to see when fishing from the front of the boat.
Here is the helix 10 mount I went with on the FSH Sport. Highly recommended and obviously BM agrees. Turns nicely for fishing off the bow as well and the screen glare is shaded by the T top. Showed wires hanging for illustration only. They tuck back nicely. IMG_1632.JPGIMG_1634.JPG IMG_1636.JPGIMG_1635.JPG

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Damn that thing's I being at the movie theaters

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Damn that thing's I being at the movie theaters
Yah is a good size. Had a smaller lowrance on my old boat so new boat =new toys. Went with humminbird for side imaging and that isnt dialed in yet. There are so many threads and opinions about transducer mounts I'm still not sure what is best and dont want to swiss cheese and hack up my boat trying different mounts. If someone thinks they have the definitive solution please reply to this thread or refer me to a specific post. Seems I always have a couple of issues going at the same time. Get one fixed and another arises. Welcome to a new boat!!

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I can also swing mine out to the right while running so its not blocking my view since these are a big screen. Several people have asked WHY? such a big screen. The screen size really helps when viewing Sonar/Down/Side Imaging in a single screen. Saves me from constantly having to flip back and forth. Just wish I could have a split Chart/Down/Side/ and a sliver of sonar. Always flipping around when trying to see if I am still in the direction I wanted to go on the map.

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hey @Kahuna Khris what is the GPS puck on the front of the boat for? Did you get the big ipilot remote with your trolling motor? I am debating on ordering the micro controller the big one I have is just too big to hang around the neck all day. Also has too many buttons and I only use a few them on a regular basis.

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I can also swing mine out to the right while running so its not blocking my view since these are a big screen. Several people have asked WHY? such a big screen. The screen size really helps when viewing Sonar/Down/Side Imaging in a single screen. Saves me from constantly having to flip back and forth. Just wish I could have a split Chart/Down/Side/ and a sliver of sonar. Always flipping around when trying to see if I am still in the direction I wanted to go on the map.
Im 6'4 so there is no view blocking issue for me. Image splitting with a big screen is so much nicer. Like watching the superbowl on a bigger 4K flat screen. Dont need it but it's nicer.

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey @Kahuna Khris what is the GPS puck on the front of the boat for? Did you get the big ipilot remote with your trolling motor? I am debating on ordering the micro controller the big one I have is just too big to hang around the neck all day. Also has too many buttons and I only use a few them on a regular basis.
Yessir. That puck placement works great as there is no obstruction or interference. Sometimes I hang the remote from the T top, bow or stern depending where I am fishing. Other times is around my neck in case I fall in hahaha

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yessir. That puck placement works great as there is no obstruction or interference. Sometimes I hang the remote from the T top, bow or stern depending where I am fishing. Other times is around my neck in case I fall in hahaha
You're right about all the buttons though. Can be overkill but that is what it came with it.

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I thought the puck had to be mounted on the back of the boat to keep the boat straight so I reach back and forth when the rear of the boat starts to swing

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I thought the puck had to be mounted on the back of the boat to keep the boat straight so I reach back and forth when the rear of the boat starts to swing
You may be right. I relied on a dealer install and that is where they put it. I will have to investigate further. What is the source of your info?

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You may be right. I relied on a dealer install and that is where they put it. I will have to investigate further. What is the source of your info?
Just did a bit of online research and peeps have the puck mounted all over the place from stern to center console to bow like mine. If you do source a definitive placement location I would certainly be interested. Thanks.