• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shasta Lake California

Mugbug25

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will be at Shasta Lake California this August. It will be a blast, renting a houseboat.

Rigoberto Moreno

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
We will be heading out there also like around August 15th, first tiner, but So far good comments on Lake Shasta.

We were just Lake Don pedro before the 4th of July and last April we when to Lake Havasu and Powell Lake oh my GoD that was amezing.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I went to Shasta once in 2015 and went back two more times since, Loved it. Worth the 5 hour drive. No house boat but I was fine with staying at the cabins on the lake right off highway 5. Don’t forget to hit the caverns, the boat ride there is faster and more pleasant than driving around the lake. The (Shasta) damn tour is free and worth the time, about two hours.

Thom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We spent five days on a houseboat at Shasta last week and are already making plans to repeat next summer. The lake is huge - we managed to explore about half of it. Lots of great coves to anchor and float in, and we didn't have any trouble finding quiet arms that were great for boarding. It was warm - 108 degrees a couple days, but the 85 degree water was great. Plus, the AC in the houseboat worked well. The only downside was the cost of fuel:

We burned way more fuel in our boat playing and exploring than we did in the houseboat, at least.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sounds like a blast, my brother and I looked into it but just couldn’t justify the cost (for a week in the peak season we wanted). Sounds like you did ok on the gas I’ve heard horror stories of $800+ to top off the houseboat’s tank. In central ca (within 100 miles of sf, called northern but ...), house boats are also available for rent at new melones and Lake Berryessa.

Rigoberto Moreno

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I see a few lake around the Shasta area is there any in particular that you can recommend to Us ??? We will be heading up there on the 8/10 - 8/14

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I see a few lake around the Shasta area is there any in particular that you can recommend to Us ??? We will be heading up there on the 8/10 - 8/14
New Bullards bar, Almanor, and whiskytown are all nice

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
as of today, I'm seriously considering a cancel. a house i lived in 3 years ago just burnt down. the whole area is a tinder box, burning, smoke... i have friends there that are leaving.... it will be quite smokey....

Rigoberto Moreno

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Sorry to heard that, I Know is so sad we were counting the days to go out there and kids too. and the way it look's it doesn't seem like they are going to be able to putout the fire anytime soon.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You may still be able to rent a house boat on new melones or lake berryessa, neither are Shasta but both are still nice and currently out of fire zones. Berryessa if you want to be within 30 minutes of civilization (e.g. outlet shopping, restaurants, movies, etc.). Good luck and bummer about Shasta I cancelled a traditional outing to berryessa on the 4th of July because of the fire surrounding the lake. On smaller lakes you don’t even want to chance boating if they will be used to refill firefighting helicopters, in those cases they simply and quickly evacuate and close the lake.

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just heard berryessa is burning.... may have to head south on new melones. Seems like folsom lake is the only one near without any fires nearby.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I hadn’t heard Berryessa was in a fire zone. I went on July 14th and the side that was close to the July 4th fire was clear, nothing left to burn. If there is a fire near there I would only be concerned if it was newt the west shore.

Rustynuts

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Antlers Resort posted on FB that the smoke isn’t bad on the end of the Sacramento arm. We have a trip planned on the 17th and will go no matter what. We have been there when the sores around the lake have been on fire and it was never bad enough to leave. Picking up my 2018 242x tomorrow for the trip, can’t wait.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Steele fire near Berryessa is almost out and pales by comparison to the Carr. Fire near Shasta (135 acres 75% contained to 98k 25% contained, respectively). Anyone lucky enough to make their houseboat reservations at Berryessa or Shasta today may have caught a price break. I imagine whiskey town in the middle of the fire zone under Shasta is closed.
F8EB5559-3B88-4E22-BA33-6E9156BE3029.png 01E8E9EF-65AE-454F-835F-AFB3C9AEEA67.png

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Antlers Resort posted on FB that the smoke isn’t bad on the end of the Sacramento arm. We have a trip planned on the 17th and will go no matter what. We have been there when the sores around the lake have been on fire and it was never bad enough to leave. Picking up my 2018 242x tomorrow for the trip, can’t wait.
I’m not sure I believe them or that statement. The smoke isn’t exactly great around here in Folsom. Nearest fires are 2-3 hrs away and the whole Central Valley is pretty dam hazy. When I lived in Redding it would get really smoke too. I can’t see how Shasta isn’t bad on any arm.
It’s not just how you can see through the smoke, but inhaling the particulates and spending that amount of time outside.

Rustynuts

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We just got home from 4 days on shasta and had a great time. The smoke definitely changes throughout the day and depending on the wind. There never was a day where we could actually smell the smoke in the air at lake level but you could see it hanging up in the mountains. Lots of competes and planes flying around. We were up the Squaw arm and it was fine, took a boat ride up the Pit and it was a little clearer up there. 52708BCC-E4FE-410D-886C-16E83F938D0E.jpeg91369BA1-D25B-4157-AB6E-EF171B33F6C6.jpeg 1F3D654E-DE9C-48FF-B16F-A458CBF857E6.jpeg

Rigoberto Moreno

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Where did you get your tower? And the miming work in conjunction with the tower, or you have to do any type of modifications??

Rigoberto Moreno

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Ic thank you so much for the info, that look nice, I’m trying to fine one for my 2004 SR230