• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shibumi Shade (best beach shade I've ever used)

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Don't know if anyone here has seen these yet, but it passed through my Facebook feed a couple of months ago and I was intrigued. First time on the sand bar this year and there were already a couple out there. Fast forward a couple of weeks and you could look down Emerald Isle in both directions and count 50 or more. My wife got me one for Father's Day and we used it for the first time last weekend. Simply amazing.... and the customer service is creepy good. From what I heard, it was created by a couple of college kids here in NC. It's a little pricey, but it works!

IMG_0012.jpegIMG_20190714_144435.jpg

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm confused. So you need wind to keep it up in the back?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last time we went to the beach, it was littered with these everywhere. It was windy so they were all blowing back. I wondered what happens when no wind.
And i would feel the rustling of it flapping would annoy me

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm confused. So you need wind to keep it up in the back?
Yes, but most beach type places gonna have some wind..... its compact and easy to carry around.

The issue is..... it's $250 :oops:

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, but most beach type places gonna have some wind..... its compact and easy to carry around.

The issue is..... it's $250:oops:
Ya gotta pay those college tuitions somehow. What happens when the wind shifts? It might be like getting a wet towel cracked on your ass in the locker room.

Last edited:

Paulie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We bought one a couple of months ago. It's AWESOME! Easy to transport. Quick setup. And we love the sound it makes in the wind.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Lol! I can assure you, there is always enough wind on our beaches for it to work. That's part of the problem. Usually umbrellas get tossed even when anchored in the sand, and EZ up tents are big, cumbersome and usually rust out amd/or get tossed around by the wind as well. The material is VERY lightweight.......it flaps obviously, but makes only a little noise. Not sure about you lake boys, but for the coast, this thing is awesome.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm sure there's a way to rig up one of these into the rear cup holders on each side of the platform..... Would need the boat turned the right way but you could make a big shade area with it (on the coast).

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm sure there's a way to rig up one of these into the rear cup holders on each side of the platform..... Would need the boat turned the right way but you could make a big shade area with it (on the coast).
Already thought about this! Maybe someone can come up with something.

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was just wondering when this was going to come up! LOL Can't wait to see the boat MODS!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I will certainly agree that it has a high price tag. And you're probably right, I'm sure they'll be a knock off that's much cheaper in the coming months. But I figure anyone that has bought a Yeti product has really no reason to complain about the price!

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So you still can’t buy them directly from China, however they are now excepting pre-orders. For the ease of set up, light weight and small size of when it is packed up, $250 is well worth it in my opinion.

Paulie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Don't know if anyone here has seen these yet, but it passed through my Facebook feed a couple of months ago and I was intrigued. First time on the sand bar this year and there were already a couple out there. Fast forward a couple of weeks and you could look down Emerald Isle in both directions and count 50 or more. My wife got me one for Father's Day and we used it for the first time last weekend. Simply amazing.... and the customer service is creepy good. From what I heard, it was created by a couple of college kids here in NC. It's a little pricey, but it works!

View attachment 100275View attachment 100276
We’ve had ours for two seasons now. Love it!!!

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wife said they went back up for sale this past Saturday and sold out in no time.

BTW, these are not allowed in some places, specifically Ocean Isle, NC won't let these be put up. No idea why, but there may be others. You'd think NC beaches would support our local products!

PS- Hope you guys on the coast did ok after Isaias!

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes, some Beaches only allow Single traditional umbrellas. And some don’t even allow this until after a specific date. Myrtle beach comes to mind.
As far as the storm, wasn’t much for me and I live on the ICW. Lost power for 7 hours but no damage to anything. Boat was littered with leaves and straw. Gave her a bath this morning.
Seen a few trees down and some people still without power.
Now it’s absolutely beautiful out!

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Grew up in South FL and been through more hurricanes than I can count... weather following a hurricane is almost like Mother Nature trying to make it up to you with a gorgeous day.
I also grew up in Florida and lived there until I joined the Marines. I miss those afternoon showers!