• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Shipping cover install

scottbailie

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
i just got finished winterizing, and I tried to install the shipping cover for the next week before the boat gets shrink wrapped. The cover doesn’t seem to fit snugly around the tower. There are definitely gaps where water could get through. Anyone have a pic of the shipping cover installed, or tips on how to keep it water tight? Forecast says rain the next few days and I’d like to not lose all that hard work cleaning today!

You wont keep it completely water tight. The shipping cover was designed and fitted with the tower lowered. So it left room foward of the tower. Mine is super tight in the rear against the tower and a few inch gap forward of the tower.
My suggestion if you want it water tight. Lower the tower and throw a tarp over the center section of the boat

Not sure how waterproof that cover is, it's a very thin vinyl with a felt backing. If you don't want to fold the tower down you may be able to wrap some cling wrap like Saran Wrap or Press n Seal around and over the gap for the week. You also may want to put a few containers of Damp Rid on the boat for the week. Good luck!

I have an older 242ls so the tower does not fold down. The shipping cover fits as well as the canvas/mooring cover. There is no slack in either of my covers once the anti polling kit (poles and straps) are installled. I've found the shipping cover to be more water resistant than the mooring cover but the shipping covers tend to break down and crack after a couple of seasons, once they start cracking they absorb water like a sponge making the cockpit of the boat a perfect breeding ground for mold.

I used mine with great success for a few weeks. I used a pole in the front on a block of wood to keep it tight and a telscoping pole in the back with a frisbee mounted to the tip. Not pretty but it worked great. You can cut 2x4s to length too.

Back