• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shoreland’r Tires

Patman941

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone had any bad experiences with the stock Shoreland’r tires? Trying to determine if they need an upgrade. Don’t want a blow out at highway speeds.

If anyone HAS replaced the tires what did you go with?

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I replaced with Carlisle Radial Trail tires. Rides much smoother. No more vibrations. Our original trailer tires were 5 years old and Im sure they had flat spots.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Keep them inflated to 50psi on the nuts and don't go over 70. 500 miles on mine since mid April and no issues.

Rockfords Fosgate

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Mine are pretty bad. Chinese cheapos. I have a dual axle trailer and it bounces noticeably.

I had the dealer evaluate them and all they did was add an extra 15lbs of pressure and tell me to drive it 15 miles and then back it down to in-range PSI. That did not work so I had them balanced at a tire place. It helped some, but the tires are so out of round there is no true solution other than swapping them out with some real tires.

Rockfords Fosgate

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If your trailer bounces, jack each tire up one by one and see how out of round they are. Mine ranged from 3/16 to 1/2. I put the worst ones (after balancing) on the axles furthest from the truck.

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The original tires are bias ply and probably not balanced from factory. I swithced mine out to Carlisle Radial Trails , run right at 50 PSI (cold check) as mentioned above, and have them balanced. Problem will disappear. Night and day difference

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had a blow out my 3rd trip with the stock bias ply tires. I replaced with radials which is essentially the cheapest option. Essentially out of the factory my $65,000 boat was riding on a $30 tire. Unacceptable in my option.

Other members have upgraded to 15" wheels so they can use light truck tires instead. My understanding is 15" will fit OK without having to do anything with the trailer fenders.

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2 months in i had one go flat. I’m on Goodyear Endurance tires now and they are excellent.

stevenk2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2 months in i had one go flat. I’m on Goodyear Endurance tires now and they are excellent.
I can second the Goodyear Endurance tires - replaced the stock tires the first week after I got the boat. I've heard nothing but good things about them. I've had bad experiences with two different trailers that had the OEM crappy tires on them, no way I'm taking a chance with my AR195 like that, especially with the long road trips we do.

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We had our Carlisle bias ply replaced by Carlisle with radials - huge improvement.
If I had to purchase new tires though I would go with Goodyear Endurance based on specs, lots of great comments on this forum and reviews on other sites. The radials also improved our mileage while towing

stevenk2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One other thing to take into consideration is bias ply versus radials. My understanding is that the radial is the way to go for long trips/lots of highway miles. (The Goodyear Endurance are radials, BTW.)

Patman941

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t have the boat or trailer, but if all goes well I will by Friday. Can someone advise the correct tire size?

I’ve also heard good things about the Goodyear Endurance tires, I think I’ll go that route if they aren’t $100 a pop.

stevenk2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe the stock tires are 215/75R14's for the AR195, but don't quote me on that. That being said, the size and bolt pattern will be highly reliant on the brand and model of trailer you get. If your trailer has fenders, you need to be cognizant of that when choosing tire sizes. Of course, if you stick with whatever size came stock with the trailer, you should be okay. There are reasons for going with larger diameter tires (i.e. 13-inchers to 15-inchers), but in the end, it's really all about the clearance.

Looks like right around $116 apiece right now online........

Last edited:

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Goodyear Endurance for me... i upgraded last year... very smooth ride. no issues

WOOKIE

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I blew
Anyone had any bad experiences with the stock Shoreland’r tires? Trying to determine if they need an upgrade. Don’t want a blow out at highway speeds.

If anyone HAS replaced the tires what did you go with?
I blew out one tire after three years of running, but I was going to fast for conditions. Otherwise the tires have been fairly decent.

WOOKIE

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone having trouble with the stock wheels on a short lander trailer peeling off a plastic coating and then rusting after just a few years?

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Anyone having trouble with the stock wheels on a short lander trailer peeling off a plastic coating and then rusting after just a few years?
I swapped mine early on. Use the stocker as a spare.

Paid $300 for radial w/ aluminum wheels (2). Awesome investment IMO.

robby76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well folks, this is great. My first trip was from Yamaha dealer in Dallas Texas to storage in Wichita Falls 125 miles. Just excited to get my NEW 2021 195 FSH CC Sport. Well this last Saturday took out to the lake and back, 11 mile trip back to storage with stop at gas station to fill tank up. After unhooking trailer in its spot did the walk around circle checking the whole package. Touched the tires and boy were they HOT. Yes those are the Carlisle tires everyone is talking about not only here on boats but on travel trailers also.
So tomorrow Black Friday Walmart has the better price on this GoodYear ST215/75R14 108 LR-D Endutance BSW TL so I will purchase two and jack the trailer Saturday early and change them out.
That kind of heat is a disaster waiting to happen when you least expect it.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Replaced mine with Maxxis radials.
Much smoother ride.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well folks, this is great. My first trip was from Yamaha dealer in Dallas Texas to storage in Wichita Falls 125 miles. Just excited to get my NEW 2021 195 FSH CC Sport. Well this last Saturday took out to the lake and back, 11 mile trip back to storage with stop at gas station to fill tank up. After unhooking trailer in its spot did the walk around circle checking the whole package. Touched the tires and boy were they HOT. Yes those are the Carlisle tires everyone is talking about not only here on boats but on travel trailers also.
So tomorrow Black Friday Walmart has the better price on this GoodYear ST215/75R14 108 LR-D Endutance BSW TL so I will purchase two and jack the trailer Saturday early and change them out.
That kind of heat is a disaster waiting to happen when you least expect it.
My 0.02
What was your cold tire pressure (before the tow), what was your tire pressure after?
In general, if correctly pressurized the tire pressure should only rise in the 10-15% range; that also means they should not be getting very hot after a tow. I find that, with trailer tires, this can only be achieved (or even approached) by pressurizing to the max cold pressure number on the tire, usually 50psi. Of course, if you tow on a hot day and scorching hot asphalt, sunny side can get very hot over a long highway tow (say, Arizona in the summer). Otherwise they really shouldn't, maybe warm but not hot. Carlisle hubs are notorious for coming grease-free from factory, so I would check that first, too.
Also, always good to cool off before dunking in the water to avoid water intrusion in the hubs (due to cooling induced suction).

I would give the Carlisles a chance if those are their newer radials, just pump them to the max, check the grease in hubs.
What's the production date? There is usually a 4-digit number, first two numbers indicate what week of the year it was made (out of 52 weeks per year), and the second two numbers represent the year. In general, replacing after 3-4 years max recommended on trailer tires, regardless of mileage.

--