• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show me where you mounted your trim tab controller/switches (Lenco with LED indicators.)

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Tabs are mounted, just not sure where to put the controller yet. Looking for creative ideas.

20180418_180949.jpg

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
thanks. That's where I'm considering, but theres a small storage pocket there, that I usually keep my wallet in. I think I would lose that storage, but I may not have a choice.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll take a picture on the weekend. My sx230 has them forward of the binacle.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
thanks. That's where I'm considering, but theres a small storage pocket there, that I usually keep my wallet in. I think I would lose that storage, but I may not have a choice.
I have a 2012 ( which I assume is the same design as yours and I have the oval switch exactly where @bronze_10 has it. It does fit between the throttle and the "pocket". As matter of fact right above the pocket I have my triptab retract switch as well as manual back up bilge pump operation

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I seriously considered buying the Yamaha trim switches that fit in the binnacle, but I wouldn't have any indicators, I then looked into livorsi led indicators, and decided to just find a place for the Lenco switch and save $5-600 haha.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
One more vote for forward of the throttles.
20170522_132003.jpg

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Tabs are done! Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions !20180421_135010.jpg 20180418_181001.jpg

webbug

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
does it help a lot in the sea?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
very much so

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
does it help a lot in the sea?
I cant wait to find out! weather has been horrible, so haven't had a water test yet.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do the tabs help with the wave for surfing?
In my experience, you can make slight adjustments to the wake surface to flatten it and change shape somewhat - to make it a bit more “skim” style, once you have everything dialed in, but no major gains, similar to delayed convergence devices - those tend to force a countersteer that in a twin jetboat will completely ruin the face of the wake (due to jet wash).

Manuel Lahens

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good Day Frank. My name is Manny from Miami Florida. Hope you are doing well. I owned a 2014 AR240 previously and installed Trim Tabs on it. I currently own a 2018 242 Limited SE and have been wanting to install The Lenco as you did on yours. I was hesitant to do so because of the complexity of the electronics with the "E" Series boats. Did you do the installation yourself?