• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shrimp Boil Foil Packs

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce I make the same thing in a big pot of water but instead of red potatoes I use new potatoes from a can, they hold up better plus less prep. The packets will definitely be easier on a grill than cooking everything in a pot of water. The packets also allow a picky eater to fix their packet the way they want.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Andy S, we often grill shish-kabobs on the boat. We partially cook the new potatoes at home but using canned new potatoes is a great idea that will shorten prep time.

Are you boiling water on the boat? I have considered the option and have a couple of portable stoves but have considered a full shrimp boil to be too much for on the boat.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Andy S, we often grill shish-kabobs on the boat. We partially cook the new potatoes at home but using canned new potatoes is a great idea that will shorten prep time.

Are you boiling water on the boat? I have considered the option and have a couple of portable stoves but have considered a full shrimp boil to be too much for on the boat.
No I don't boil water on the boat, I'm worried about the pot tipping over and spilling hot water everywhere. I will definitely try the packets though, those are perfect for the boat. The one thing I would add to my packet that is not is the video is Old Bay seasoning, which is a must for me when I have shrimp or just about any other seafood.

New potatoes in the can are already cooked, so all you have to do is warm them up either in the packet or on the shish-kabobs.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks good, unfortunately I am allergic to shellfish - used to be able to eat it when I was younger, then my body eventually said no more for you in a bad way. I miss shrimp, lobster, crab, etc.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks good, unfortunately I am allergic to shellfish - used to be able to eat it when I was younger, then my body eventually said no more for you in a bad way. I miss shrimp, lobster, crab, etc.
So I should not mention that I have a source for jumbo gulf shrimp at $4 a pound then?

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I should not mention that I have a source for jumbo gulf shrimp at $4 a pound then?
Nope, have not even tried eating it in years, and don't care to test the waters, it's too painful.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On the positive note, we eat Tri-Tip or Ribeyes 4 to 5 nights a week :winkingthumbsup"

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO Bummer having those allergies, living in New England lobster, steamers and oysters are a dining mainstay. Although plenty of red meat consumed too. @Bruce That shrimp source price is WOW low. Living on a farm, we raise/grow a lot of our food, just not poultry or seafood. Eat Well!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO Bummer having those allergies, living in New England lobster, steamers and oysters are a dining mainstay. Although plenty of red meat consumed too. @Bruce That shrimp source price is WOW low. Living on a farm, we raise/grow a lot of our food, just not poultry or seafood. Eat Well!
@zipper I am allergic/intolerant to Wheat, Dairy, Eggs, Soy, Shellfish, Apples, Bananas, Cantaloupe, etc. So I eat a lot of meat, vegetables, and salads - pretty healthy diet all in all, but a gigantic pain in the ass when we go out to eat, but I have adapted well.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO I can see going out to eat could be challenging when traveling. No gluten, no lactose, no shellfish really limit the menu options. I mostly order steak, potatoes and salad myself when ordering out, not too many disappointing surprises there. Sounds like you have it under control. Keep eating well.:thumbsup:

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO I can see going out to eat could be challenging when traveling. No gluten, no lactose, no shellfish really limit the menu options. I mostly order steak, potatoes and salad myself when ordering out, not too many disappointing surprises there. Sounds like you have it under control. Keep eating well.:thumbsup:
I wish I would have figured out the food allergy thing a long time ago, felt like crap most of my life, now I feel good almost everyday. I do cheat once in awhile and have a few slices of pizza, I pay for it, but it sure tastes good Lol.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We buy in bulk from the boats along the gulf coast. It becomes much more expensive once it makes its way into a store. Small shrimp are as little as $2.50 per pound. This year we picked up 60 pounds of jumbo from a fisherman who had caught it the day before on our way back from Bimini. He lived near the interstate and brought it to us with sufficient ice to get us home. That worked out great. In past years we have gone to the marinas and taken our ice chest to the boat.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce I can eat almost anything, if I can not get good seafood, I will choose steak or a good pork butt with a good bark. Living inland, seafood is more expensive.

Last edited: