• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Silver Glen Springs July 18, 2017 - Post-Bimini Rinse

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When we return from Bimini on July 18, I'm thinking of giving the boat a run in fresh water before towing it up to Lake Powell. Assuming that I don't get delayed by customs, Silver Glen Springs seems like a nice place to check out.
I'll be towing up I-95 (or the Turnpike) from Ft. Lauderdale, and I was wondering if anybody could suggest a good place to launch my 24 footer.
I see that Google Maps shows "Lake George Boat Ramp", which seems to look decent in the satellite photos.
Thanks

Last edited:

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MrMoose There are two ramps to launch from

Ed Stone Park - 2990 FL-44, DeLand FL 32724
and
Astor Boat Ramp - 1575 FL-40, Astor FL 32102

We typically launch from Ed Stone. The ride is nice up the St John River. Astor is a lot closer to Silver Glen so it's a choice thing. If you plan on staying in Daytona Beach (off 95) then Ed Stone would be your best choice.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
upload_2017-4-19_13-4-34.png

For reference to help you decide.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the info @Mystic1906. The Astor address that you gave matches the "Astor Bridge Marina" in Google maps. Same place?
How long does it take to get to Silver Glen Springs from the Astor ramp?

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From Ed Stone the ride is about 35-40 mins cause there are a few no wake zones. From Astor it is about 15 mins depending on your speed. There is one no wake zone after the ramp and then out the river channel to Lake George. The lake can get a bit choppy if its windy but that would be the only thing to somewhat slow you down.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Look at the Butler Street Boat Ramp - 55400 Butler St, Astor FL

I have never launched from there but it looks like a one ramp facility. Ed Stone has 6 ramps and more parking. Don't know how busy it gets but then again you are going during the week so it prob won't be busy at all.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We put skis in at Palatka, FL this morning & rode down to Silver Glen. 80.6 miles round trip down the St Johns River thru Lake George. My first time there & I believe y'all are gonna love it. Definitely worth seeing 20170507_130453.jpg 20170507_124711.jpg

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I bet you're glad you got one with cruise control now ain't ya @ACrews :p

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ill meet you guys there. I ride those waters all the time.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ill meet you guys there. I ride those waters all the time.
Yes sir! I rode down with Mike/Jax PWC Riders. Good group of people. I'm sure we'll cross paths eventually brother. Semper Fi

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I bet you're glad you got one with cruise control now ain't ya @ACrews :p
Absolutely! But I've been catching myself riding without using it until my hand starts cramping, for some reason. Lol.

Would ya disown me for publicly admitting that I'm starting to have a secret crush on them GP1800s? That is a neat ski!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hell nah, them things are badass!

I fell in love with a new RXP-X 300 a few weeks back when Robert and I were out looking at boats. But I was a good boy and didn't buy it. Yet. I mean, I'm really not gonna. Probably. No. Definitely not.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ACrews - The Glen was nice yesterday. Lake George was much smoother than I expected it to be with how they were predicting the wind to be.

That whole crew you rolled with were all really nice people and def looked like they were having a blast. Even though I got there later than I normally do I'm still wishing that I could have stayed home and slept until 12 today.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@ACrews - The Glen was nice yesterday. Lake George was much smoother than I expected it to be with how they were predicting the wind to be.

That whole crew you rolled with were all really nice people and def looked like they were having a blast. Even though I got there later than I normally do I'm still wishing that I could have stayed home and slept until 12 today.
They are a fun group. If ya ever see a Black/White Yamaha FX Cruiser with Jetboaters sticker on back & GA registration, give me a shout.

I know exactly what ya mean. It was an almost 2.5 hr drive to Palatka from where I live. Being Sunday is my only off day, I rode down to springs, took a few pictures, then headed back. I still had things to do around the house. So yes, I could have easily took today off.

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Look at the Butler Street Boat Ramp - 55400 Butler St, Astor FL
I've used this ramp before. It's an awesome ramp. There are 2 ramps to use, but can handle 2 smaller boats per ramp if needed. There were a couple of triple axle trailers launching when we were there last September. Ramp is big enough for large boats. Parking is adequate as well.

Here are some pics:

Butler Ramp 1.jpg Butler ramp 2.jpg butler ramp 3.jpg

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Argh... I may have to join y'all. If I can finish off my depth finder and aren't working that week, I'd be coming up the St. Johns from Jacksonville.