• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Simrad GO5 or 7 on 2019 AR 195

Dave Biel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I recently purchased a 2019 AR 195, looking to add a dedicated Chartplotter/Fishfinder. Love the Simrad GO series. My dilemma is which size? Looks like I could panel mount the GO5 next to the Connext. Or I could bracket mount the GO7 easily. I like the option of being able to remove the system off the boat if needed, but a nice clean panel mount is also very nice. Thoughts?

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is my GO5 on my 2019 Ar190.

I like the flush mount, looks factory.
Had no issues with the size.
Being touch screen is harder to use while in motion than having buttons to hit though.

E81A6CA5-46C0-450C-86C9-21B6D2FB89BB.jpeg

Dave Biel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That looks really nice. Thanks for the pic! Do you know if a GO 7 would fit there? I’ve gotten conflicting dimensions of the 7”.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks really nice. Thanks for the pic! Do you know if a GO 7 would fit there? I’ve gotten conflicting dimensions of the 7”.
I doubt it, the 5 barely fits.

You will have to cut the back side of the helm, the hole is not as wide as the dash plate is.

Here is a picture before I cut it. Had to take about an inch off the bottom right side for it to fit.
62547841-8390-460B-9C24-02FDF67A31EC.jpeg

natty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I installed GO5 on my 2020 AR190 with in hull transducer Airmar P79. No need to drill holes. Easy routing. Works like a charm!
Estrkrz, I'd love some shots of the backside of your install of the go5. I have ordered the go5 and transducer and can't imagine it coming out much better than your did. Of note i am trying to determine what had to be cut away behind the panel from the fiberglass. It's a bit daunting to cut into the dash, but your install gives me good hope ;-) Also got the 3-in-1 ducer and am very unsure about that installation. Less worried about drilling a hole in the hull on that and more worried I will get the mount wrong as it has sidescan. Hows the setup working for you?

Atadventures

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What is your intended use for the setup? I have a 195FSH with a GO9 and do a lot of fishing on the coast so I end up running a split screen with navigation and down imaging most of the time. If you are trying to run 2 or more windows I wouldn’t recommend going any smaller than the 9 inch.

natty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What is your intended use for the setup? I have a 195FSH with a GO9 and do a lot of fishing on the coast so I end up running a split screen with navigation and down imaging most of the time. If you are trying to run 2 or more windows I wouldn’t recommend going any smaller than the 9 inch.
I'm just trying to get a plotter and fish finder in one that will integrate nicely in my dash. I completely agree that 5 inch screens are likely too small but it's all that I think will fit well in there. I have seen some folks on here get a 7 inch in there, but it was a tight fit and I don't have the confidence to try that out LOL. Honestly I am hoping to use the wifi screen mirroring on my ipad when I am fishing which should net out a bigger view.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm just trying to get a plotter and fish finder in one that will integrate nicely in my dash. I completely agree that 5 inch screens are likely too small but it's all that I think will fit well in there. I have seen some folks on here get a 7 inch in there, but it was a tight fit and I don't have the confidence to try that out LOL. Honestly I am hoping to use the wifi screen mirroring on my ipad when I am fishing which should net out a bigger view.
I fit a 7 and it did take some finessing of the fiberglass and the dash material... I had a 5" garmin in there before and it was a very easy fit.

Atadventures

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you can shoe horn it in there go with the 7 inch. I used one on my kayak and definitely wouldn’t go smaller.

Also a word of warning about the mirroring, I’ve had it be temperamental on my GO9. It worked when I tested it on land and once on the ocean while ground fishing. Then the one time I really wanted to use it where it would be really beneficial the app on my phone would not sync up despite multiple reboots. My friend and I ended up scrunched up in the back of the boat both watching the GO9. It would have been helpful for him to watch my phone from the bow while I watched the unit from the helm.