• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SIMRAD GO7 install, need advice

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I began installing my SIMRAD GO7 this afternoon and started looking for suitable places to mount the 10" long Totalscan transducer.
20160611_164640.jpg

Of course I can mount it off the transom with its included platform, but then my Dad who's not a boater but was a Machinist asked me :
"Why can't you attach it directly to this plate? We can take it off, drill it, tap it, and attach it directly?"

20160611_164000.jpg

20160611_163938.jpg

My answer was simply.... I don't know.

SIMRAD does state that you can attach directly to your hull, so would this be any different?
What is the function of the ride plate? It's behind the intake so it wouldn't cause bubbles, it doesn't transfer heat like a radiator and as far as I can tell it serves only as protection for the jet assembly and to reinforce the tunnel where the jet comes through the hull. Am I missing something or can I take the ride plate off, clean it up and paint it, drill it, tap it and mount this transducer? I do realize that the transducer is longer and will hang off the back about 1". It does not interfere with anything from the jet assembly.

Please share your thoughts.

JB4120

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Do you need to drill through the bilge area (under the water line) to pull the transducer line and attach it to the unit?"

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had an old hole for a Faria depth and temp Gauge that was installed. I enlarged the hole for this transducer line, then had to seal with a plastic cap from outside and epoxy putty from inside.

Last edited:

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On vacation, photos next week. :winkingthumbsup"

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nothing aside from basic functions working yet....:(

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So transducer not mounted yet? Bummer. No time or another issue?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll get you a pic of my transducer mount.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the same Simrad Go7 with the same Totalscan transducer. I have mine mounted through the hull with bolts/nuts and very large thick washers for added strength. No issues or leaks. And its clear from hitting anything

Attachments

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the same Simrad Go7 with the same Totalscan transducer. I have mine mounted through the hull with bolts/nuts and very large thick washers for added strength. No issues or leaks. And its clear from hitting anything
Do you have depth readings at speed? My Dragonfly stops reading depth around 30 MPH.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I havent noticed any problems but tomorrow i will pay close attention to it at higher speeds

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have depth readings at speed? My Dragonfly stops reading depth around 30 MPH.
Watched closely all afternoon read depth at every speed

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is my winter big list item a XSE totalscan to help with spearfishing. Plus a full size display to get more into night time boating

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Neutron any other pictures of mount and how are the displays as far as reading bottom items?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Neutron any other pictures of mount and how are the displays as far as reading bottom items?
Tomorrow i will take a few pics of the mount and post them for u asap.
As far as the display. I am still learning about all the features but today i was using the structure scan and i have to say its pretty amazing. I was even turning around to go back over stuff to see if it was accurate.
Love the touch screen with no buttons. Its like a tablet. Best gps/sounder i have owned or used