• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Simrad NSS9 evo 3S

Carolina Rob

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I will pick up my Yamaha 210 FSH SP sometime this week. I am considering adding the Simrad NSS 9 evo3s. I understand that these units (and even perhaps the evo3) can be linked to an iPad or iPhone. If I link this to a large iPad do I really need to pay for the larger unit like the NSS12? If it is linked what functionality do you have with the iPad?

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Having everything on one unit seems nice.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have the Go9, I beleive all the Ipad or iphones will do is mirror the main display so you can control anywhere in the boat. The specs on the website seem to confirm that. I personally have not used that function on mine. You can also teather it so it can sync waypoints and routes fom your Simrad account that you can save with the Simrad app. I personally dont like the Cmap maps, mine came with Navionics too and I prefer those over CMAP.