• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sirius adapter where to plug in?

Ron Westman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yamaha 2019 212 Ltd S
ConnectX display.
Fusion RA70NSX radio

I purchased the Sirius V300 adapter. I plugged the adapter into the back of the Fusion radio. I am not seeing the option for Sirius anywhere on the ConnectX display.

Is the adapter suppose to be plugged into the back of the ConnectX?
If it is suppose to be plugged into the Fusion radio near the swim platform, then how do I select the Sirius option on the ConnectX?
I assume I have to have the adapter working before I will see the Sirius Radio ID.

ANY help will be greatly appreciated.

Ron

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The Sirius radio option will not show up on the connext display for this boat model. The best way to control the Sirius XM would be to download the Fusion app on your phone and control it from your phone.

Ron Westman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you for the reply.

STUPID way to work though. Not sure who dropped the ball on this feature. Would think since the radio is SiriusXM Ready that the Connext would have the feature ready. Maybe they could do an Patch to the firmware to show the SiriusXM radio.

Bradley Martin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha 2019 212 Ltd S
ConnectX display.
Fusion RA70NSX radio

I purchased the Sirius V300 adapter. I plugged the adapter into the back of the Fusion radio. I am not seeing the option for Sirius anywhere on the ConnectX display.

Is the adapter suppose to be plugged into the back of the ConnectX?
If it is suppose to be plugged into the Fusion radio near the swim platform, then how do I select the Sirius option on the ConnectX?
I assume I have to have the adapter working before I will see the Sirius Radio ID.

ANY help will be greatly appreciated.

Ron
We have a 2018 ar 240. We bought the xm Sirius adapter and it plugged into the back of the connext and it works great.

Ron Westman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good day Bradley,
First thank you for responding.
I have attached a picture of the back of my Connext. I have marked what I think is where the adapter plugs in.
1. Is this the correct port?
2. The port appears to have a cover. How do I remove the cover?

Thank you

Attachments

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The MY18 AR240 has the main Polk stereo unit in the helm area that you plug the Sirius XM module into it. The Connext display for this boat is already programmed for the XM radio controls. Unfortunately, the MY19 212X does not have any connections for the Sirius XM module on the back of the display or the helm area in general. It originally was being built with the standard Fusion RA70N stereo, but part way through the production year Fusion discontinued the RA70N and Yamaha was forced to changed everything over to the RA70NSX which was still available. This is why the display was not ready for controlling the XM radio functions.

Ron Westman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
From what I am discovering you are correct. According to Fusion the ONLY way to control the Sirius XM is on their radio unit (which you have to be in the water to see the display properly) or with their Fusion App.

I REALLY think Yamaha dropped the ball on this feature. It would be great if we could trade-in the Fusion radio for one what will work or to have an update made for the Connext.

LakeGuyNE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I need some help with the Fusion App. I sent an email to Fusion and I am waiting for a reply.

When I select AM/FM I can hear the radio and I can changes stations and voluve.
When I select Sirius (which is activated) I can change the channel, but I can't hear anything. I get a speaker symbol with a line through it.

HELP....

What I am doing wrong?

Here is my problems:
1. To use the Fusion App to control the Sirius radio I assume I have to pair my phone with the RA70NSX and NOT the Connext. Is that correct?
2. On the RA70NSX I see BT, but I don't see any options for pairing. How do I pair my phone to the RA70NSX?

Ron Westman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
UPDATE: After many different attempts to get the Fusion App to work it finally happened. Not sure what changed but if finally worked.

1. Fusion told me I had update the head unit. When I tried to do the update it would only let me do the seconds option and not the first.
2. I started ALL OVER with a new flash drive formatted to FAT32 and install the update on the flash drive.
3. This time both options were able to be updated. I think the problem before was the Head Unit was not being updated.
4. I ensured the Fusion unit was in Discoverable Mode.
5. All of a sudden the Fusion App started working.

So why did I spend so much time to get SiriusXM to work? Sirius offers a Boat subscription at a good price and you can turn it off for around 5 months without be charged. Reception is good and music quality excellent. I purchased the SiriusXM adapter off eBay for around $35 with 3-months Free Trial. Trial period pays for the adapter.