• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sirius XM Antenna Install 17 242 Limited S e-series

Roger Steele

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just took delivery of new 2017 242 Limited S e-series.

I am look for advise as to the best location to install an Sirius XM antenna.

This model has the Polk unit located in the port side battery compartment and the Wake Board tower and the large canopy style Bimini.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Roger Steele

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
THANK YOU!!! For taking the time to respond to my post.

My Polk unit is the L\H aft storage compartment.
Where the batties are located.
With the big Limited S e-series Bimini
I don't know where to route the antenna.
I wish mine was in the helm like some others
It would make the antenna a no brainier

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m sure you may not want to drop another $70 to get Sirius XM but I would highly encourage you to invest in the upgraded antenna. For starters it’s a better quality antenna than the one that cane with the receiver and it offers a better and cleaner mounting option. I mounted mine on the port side (opposite spot of the GPS antenna on the starboard) and ran the wires through the side of the boat. Correction....the stereo shop ran the wires through the side of the boat. ;)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0015Z0QG2/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1521518028&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=sirius+xm+marine+antenna&dpPl=1&dpID=41Qu1B0rbiL&ref=plSrch

FC985F6A-50FC-477F-AEE3-1335D93FF235.jpeg

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@AndyD - does this antenna work when you are under bridges? That's about the only time my service cuts out. Otherwise than that I have used the Sirius pretty much all over Central Florida and it works great. Especially appreciate the kids channels cause they play music that doesn't annoy me but are clean for my 9 yo to listen to.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Because the boat is fiberglass... you can literally put it pretty much anywhere, even under the hull with no ill effects. With that being said, the highest point and clearest line of site is "best". Would you notice a different if you put it under the dash? Probably not.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@AndyD - does this antenna work when you are under bridges? That's about the only time my service cuts out. Otherwise than that I have used the Sirius pretty much all over Central Florida and it works great. Especially appreciate the kids channels cause they play music that doesn't annoy me but are clean for my 9 yo to listen to.
I haven’t noticed any issues with the signal cutting out.

Roger Steele

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m sure you may not want to drop another $70 to get Sirius XM but I would highly encourage you to invest in the upgraded antenna. For starters it’s a better quality antenna than the one that cane with the receiver and it offers a better and cleaner mounting option. I mounted mine on the port side (opposite spot of the GPS antenna on the starboard) and ran the wires through the side of the boat. Correction....the stereo shop ran the wires through the side of the boat. ;)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0015Z0QG2/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1521518028&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=sirius+xm+marine+antenna&dpPl=1&dpID=41Qu1B0rbiL&ref=plSrch

View attachment 70362
AndyD

Thank you for your reply and especially the pictures of you antenna.

I will take your advice and invest in a marine antenna.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone use the Shakespeare SRA-50? I plan on mounting this on the port side as well, running the wire around the bow of the boat. Anyone see any issues with this?

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine is mounted next to the GPS receiver for on the front Starboard side. Works perfectly