• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sirius XM for car question - pricing

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My new to me car came with 3 months of free Sirius XM. Yes, it is nice. Necessity? Nope. I don't really care and an MP3 player works just as well, plugged in. Now that my trial subscription is coming to an end in 4 weeks, I have been receiving the offers from Sirius to renew. The best deal is one year "for the price of 7 months." Whatever. This is $99 for the year "plus" the unknown amount of US Music Royalty fees, and who knows what that amount will add to the monthly charge. My question is, if I don't renew, will better deals come my way? I'm not paying $99 plus a year just to have music I can play from an MP3 player, in my car. But half that? I'd think about it. Thanks.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just paid $149 so you did better than me. But I gotta have my Howard Stern i don't listen to anything else.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We have Sirius on 3 cars the boat and a home boom box. Couldn't get by without it. Keeps us current on new music. We like it Sirius ly.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, you'll get $30(maybe $39?)/6 month offers. Not 100% of the channels, but a fair amount of em. I only subscribe to the online service anymore.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@OCMD - For my truck I paid the $99 dollars ($114 with the fees/taxes) to cover for the year. My wife throws a fit when I do that.

If you can go without it for a week or two you will get emails for 6mo for $30. (and no activation fee, which is normally $15)
Together my wife and I listen to about 20-30 different channels and I don't see any difference between the two offers.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I have it on both cars. Don't drive long enough most of the time to find what I want to listen to on the iPod and quickly realized that the 11 channels I listen to are wayyyyyy better than normal radio.
I got a deal about 3 years ago for $5 per month for 5 months on each car. I set a reminder to call every five months and go to the cancelation department and tell them I am canceling if they don't do the same deal for the next 5 months. Works every time. Kind of a hassle but worth the savings.

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
If you play your cards right and haggle with them you should be able to get it for about 5 bucks a month as @GiddYupJoe mentioned. I have had them offer me a full year at 5 bucks a month, but the more common one seems to be 5 or 6 months at that rate. Never pay full price for it though, they will negotiate if you tell them you are going to cancel, you don't actually have to cancel to get an offer though.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I pay $9 something a month for 2 vehicles. I have the "only music" plan, or whatever it's called. I haven't looked at their website in a long time but I remember them offering different plans than what is on the website, or easily found on their site anyway, when I called they told me about the cheaper plans.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My trial period on my truck just ended and I just subscribed to all access for 146.85, which includes tax and all of the other BS. I used to get the 6 month subscription for the boat but since I boat on the river I sometimes get spotty reception. With the all access I can use my phone to stream the music and play it through my boat stereo and I can also listen to Sirius at work.

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Let your free subscription run out. You'll receive some offers in the mail within 3 weeks or so. That's what I do. Can't stand listening to the local channels anymore.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well the offers came and I declined them all. Set to expire today. Got a phone call yesterday (lol perfect timing of course - no surprise) and will pay 5 bucks per month for a year. I'll take it. Plus a one time $3 transaction fee to pay by check, so they can't automatically renew me for the rape price in a year, with me forgetting about it. It pays to be a cheapskate. They want me more than I want them....which reminds me. Time to call Directtv and threaten to cancel, to get my 40 bucks a month credit for then next 12 months.....

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My kids turned me on to Spotify so I use that instead. It wouldn't work if I was a Howard Stern fan but the music selection is much larger and on demand. You can skip anything song you don't want to hear and you can have offline playlists if you don't want to stream. I also have WiFi on the boat so if guests want to plug their phone in they can.