• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Size of Trailer Wheels

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone know the size of wheels that will work on our shorelander trailers? I have some old aluminum 14x6 wheels I might be able to replace the stock wheels with. The offset looks to be right in the middle. Thoughts?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do they have tires on them? 14" tires are not as available as 15".

If they have tires on them and the tires are of sufficient capacity to handle the boat then it would be fairly easy to install them and see how they work.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the MFI trailer, but all should be the same. Not sure what the JJ stands for, but rim is 14 x 6 JJ.

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just put 15x6 with 0 back spacing wheels on our 12 242 limited S on a shorelander trailer and they fit great.
image.jpg image.jpg

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Trailer rims are different and usually have zero offset. They are actually vehicle rims from the 1980's. Some old ford ranger wheels fit but newer vehicle rims almost all have a big offset. Cam.