• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Ski Mirror

@Kane Martin that is the exact mirror I have on my LS. I love it. Swings out of the way very easily and is high quality. It's expensive but worth it IMO.

image.jpg image.jpg Mine is an Aerial. I love that it has a quick release. It's been a while since I've bought it, but I'm pretty sure I paid under $200. Not sure if it would work on your tower though.

Concerned about the aerial. The LS has a forward sweeping tower, so the mirror has to mount overhead and drop down alittle bit.

Concerned about the aerial. The LS has a forward sweeping tower, so the mirror has to mount overhead and drop down alittle bit.
True, didn't think about that. It's very articulatable, but I don't think there is a way to get the mirror level on a forward tower.

I've only used it once since I got it but I didn't notice it vibrating. I was actually surprised how steady it was. I just expected it to vibrate a lot attached to the tower and all.

The Aerial works like a champ. I got the one that has the articulating arm. image.jpg

For those of you that went with the aerial with the quick release and adjustable arm, does it not shake terribly? We ordered one and once I began to mount it I realized that the 1 7/8 rubber collar wasn't thick enough and I could easily spin it on the tower. However the 1 3/4 was far too thick and couldn't get the clamp tightened around it. Anybody else have this problem or am I just one of the lucky ones? I ended up cutting a section from one of the thinner collars and used it with the 1 7/8 collar but I'm still not impressed, I can still spin it on the tower with one hand.

I would return it but my kid dropped part of it from the boat to the blacktop and gouged the finish of the arm:banghead:, so I'm stuck with it.

@Craig No issues with my aerial. I did have to combine two of the inserts. I like mine and it will move but stays where I put it. Kind of handy that it moves a bit to get it out of LOS at times. No shaking issues for me either.

@Craig No issues with my aerial. I did have to combine two of the inserts. I like mine and it will move but stays where I put it. Kind of handy that it moves a bit to get it out of LOS at times. No shaking issues for me either.
Ok, I appreciate the response. Quick question for you @jawsf16 , do you have your mirror set up for operating the boat seated with no bolster, seated with the bolster, or standing? I moved it around several times but could never decide exactly how high to mount it. Where it is now is right in my face when I'm standing at the helm, and the actual mirror is huge. Just wondering, thx

I stand alot when I drive, but when I use the mirror I have it setup for sitting on the bolster seat. I only put the mirror up when towing sports.

Does anyone have the Samson mirror arm.
http://jetboatpilot.com/index.php?id_product=284&controller=product

I would really like the demensions and opinions on this tower arm. I have a scarab 165 and wondering if I could mount on the lower elbow part of my tower near my head as the driver. I can't seem to find a good location for a tow mirror.
image.jpeg

Back