• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ski mods

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally got my deck bags installed in the glovebox and some support for the cooler/gas can racks all done and tested all weekend out at Myrtle. Very pleased.

IMG_20160713_223751.jpg IMG_20160714_142332.jpg IMG_20160714_142906.jpg IMG_20160714_143731.jpg IMG_20160714_222750.jpg IMG_20160714_222827.jpg IMG_20160716_120526.jpg IMG_20160714_220430.jpg IMG_20160714_222728.jpg IMG_20160716_120554.jpg IMG_20160717_121820.jpg

Coming hopefully sooner rather than later - stereo!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those bags in the glove box are pretty cool.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@veedubtek those bags look like the same thing I have seen on some friends kayaks, great idea!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I give all credit to @Murf'n'surf, I had never heard of em before! Love em though, they turned out great.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@veedubtek what do you plan to store in the bag? My only concern would be the beating against the box or possibly hull if you were in rough water. Although I do appreciate the styrofoam insert that comes in the box, I've since taken mine out. The box without the insert provides a lot more space.

After reading and seeing the nano hull issues, that's a nice addition for your rack. This is just my opinion, but I wouldn't take a rack to Bimini if you were able to put some necessities on a boat. I'm not even sure I would take extra fuel again. If I did it would be at most one small can strapped down by itself. I really just don't think you need it for a short run to Bimini. I would second guess departing if I thought I couldn't run 20+mph and if you're able to do that you're not going to burn through a whole tank.

Now, I would love that rack for a multi day river run or fishing excursion. Speaking of river runs, how about another river run before the season is over? You Carolina guys got any fun ideas?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@veedubtek what do you plan to store in the bag? My only concern would be the beating against the box or possibly hull if you were in rough water. Although I do appreciate the styrofoam insert that comes in the box, I've since taken mine out. The box without the insert provides a lot more space.

After reading and seeing the nano hull issues, that's a nice addition for your rack. This is just my opinion, but I wouldn't take a rack to Bimini if you were able to put some necessities on a boat. I'm not even sure I would take extra fuel again. If I did it would be at most one small can strapped down by itself. I really just don't think you need it for a short run to Bimini. I would second guess departing if I thought I couldn't run 20+mph and if you're able to do that you're not going to burn through a whole tank.

Now, I would love that rack for a multi day river run or fishing excursion. Speaking of river runs, how about another river run before the season is over? You Carolina guys got any fun ideas?
Lol @veedubtek and I were just running the ICW and the Waccamaw River this past weekend. Here is a little video he made running one the the little trails off the river.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, it's just long enough to smack the hull. For this weekend, I had my whistle in there, ecig juices, my wallet, and some other small things that won't matter getting smacked around. The bag also is a dry bag and pulls right out so I can easily then throw phone or whatever in there and take it on land with me. I see it coming in handy.

I agree rack not needed person for Bimini, but I want it to be able to withstand a trip like that. I only went this route as we'll be moving to Florida next year and we're planning lots of long random runs. Gotta be prepared to be self sufficient.

As for river runs, oh hell yes. We're definitely planning Cooper river again, and I wanna explore a whole lot more of the Waccamaw too. And more! These river runs are probably my favorite thing to do on the ski right now.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lol @veedubtek and I were just running the ICW and the Waccamaw River this past weekend. Here is a little video he made running one the the little trails off the river.

For a minute I thought y'all were filming a modern day version of Deliverance ;)

I definitely have coastal envy! I bet you all had a blast. Looks like a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah, it's just long enough to smack the hull. For this weekend, I had my whistle in there, ecig juices, my wallet, and some other small things that won't matter getting smacked around. The bag also is a dry bag and pulls right out so I can easily then throw phone or whatever in there and take it on land with me. I see it coming in handy.

I agree rack not needed person for Bimini, but I want it to be able to withstand a trip like that. I only went this route as we'll be moving to Florida next year and we're planning lots of long random runs. Gotta be prepared to be self sufficient.

As for river runs, oh hell yes. We're definitely planning Cooper river again, and I wanna explore a whole lot more of the Waccamaw too. And more! These river runs are probably my favorite thing to do on the ski right now.

With those racks and 2 skis y'all will be good to go. If you plan a multi day ride and want some extras to join, I would definitely be interested. I had a great time on the Cooper. It might have been @Andy S, but someone mentioned riding back up the Ashley. I think that would be fun to ride down the Cooper and back up the Ashley a little bit to explore. That or run along the coast a little to see what it has to offer.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
With those racks and 2 skis y'all will be good to go. If you plan a multi day ride and want some extras to join, I would definitely be interested. I had a great time on the Cooper. It might have been @Andy S, but someone mentioned riding back up the Ashley. I think that would be fun to ride down the Cooper and back up the Ashley a little bit to explore. That or run along the coast a little to see what it has to offer.
I mentioned wanting to run back up the Ashley River to see what has changed, it has been a lot years since I was on that part of the river.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I plan to do the Charleston run again in either September or very early October I will let you guys know when I figure out some dates that I'm going to do it. I will start in Charleston this time and run up the river and back in one day but this gives anyone who traveled all day Sunday to do what ever they want on the water or in the city.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For me it will likely be one of the weekends of 9/3, 9/10 or 9/24.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For me it will likely be one of the weekends of 9/3, 9/10 or 9/24.
Bummer on those dates, none of them work for me. I'm only good for the weekend of 9/17 and 10/22 (which is getting a little late in the year to plan a trip).

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here are some river run ideas. I came across this web site a while back. It would be cool if you could figure out the logistics to do on your own. They've figured it out so it shouldn't be too bad.

http://www.pwctours.com/tour.asp

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@veedubtek does the Lowrance unit use navionics software like the Raymarine?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know it can @ACrews , but if you ask me what came with mine...well, I can't remember.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know it can @ACrews , but if you ask me what came with mine...well, I can't remember.
Ten4! I can't believe I've never looked at the "JetSki" threads any. I'm digging how ya mounted it. I'll get details from ya once I decide to pull the trigger on one.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not real picky @2nazt . Somewhere between Destin and Naples, primary area of research being Cape Coral/Punta Gorda-ish, but we've looked at the Tampa & surrounding areas alot lately too. Trying not to put too much thought into it until the state actually sends an appraiser out to look at our property.