• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ski Rope Floats

firecap797

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone have experience with the Yamaha Ski Rope Floats? I saw they had some in two and four foot lengths and wondered if that would prevent the rope from getting tangled in the jet port.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They are a must I have one on all my ropes and position it about 3' behind the boat when floating with the rope slack. It only takes one rope in the jet (and the ruined day) to get some. The yamaha ones are very nice but I use a 12" section of common pool noodle, ty-rapped onto the rope over a knot. They have been in place for about 5 years. Did all 5 of my ropes with a $2 pool noodle in a trendy color. Hope this helps. Cam.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am stuck tryimg to figure out what purpose this serves unless you do the whole rope. I also have not sucked up a rope since my first time pulling a tube with a jet boat. Perhaps having a tower makes this moot?

firecap797

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I didn't think using the tower for tubing was recommended?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't use the tower for tubing but ny tube rope floats on its own pretty well. One of those thick poly 4 person tube ropes.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I find it prevents the closest part of the rope from floating under the boat. Maybe not necessary anymore once you have awareness. We often tow 3 tubes and 2 kneeboards and with 5 ropes in the water, things can happen. Cam.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey now, I want to see pictures of that!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Pics or it did not happen.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll have a look for a pic. We do 3-man tube in the middle from the tow cleat, a single tube on each side from the tower, all 3 with equal length ropes, then a knee board on each side from the trailer hooks. We also do dual surf, or surf with a kneeboard or body surfer on the opposite side. Gets more people in the water when you have a group in the boat. Heck, we try towing anything that will sort of float. Max fun. Cam.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Best I can do is the 3 tubes. Knee boards would normally be outside of the single tubes and towed low from the trailer tie-down cleats. Kneeboarders pupose is to soak the people in the tubes. Cam.
3 Tubes.JPG

Last edited:

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haha very nice