• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sliver Glen Florida.

Troy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Took the family to Sliver Glen yesterday. Very boater friendly and air condition water that runs a steady 72 degrees (that's cold for Florida)image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg Stopped at BlackWater Inn for diner. image.jpgimage.jpg Had an hour run to and from the springs. image.jpg overall very fun day even if it did rain a little.

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
One of these days, I need to head out there. I think that's the closest spring to us right now.

Troy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@smthng it truly is a beautiful place. It has that crystal clear spring water.

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Troy Was the drunk redneck ratio fairly reasonable? I remember what it was like when I was a tween... of course, I might have been part of the problem back then. :S

Troy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It wasn't bad at all. No one had obnoxious radios playing too loud. There were 6 fan boats and they aren't quiet when running. Lot of families and have a red solo cups. Alcohol is prohibited but not strictly enforced. There where also a lot of people camping on their boats.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Haven't been there in years. Mostly Spring hope on tbe Suwannee River. This past weekend we were at Rock Bluff, Hart Springs, Fanning Springs and the Sand Bar. It was a good beautiful day Saturday. :winkingthumbsup"

Troy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Zarrella looks like a bunch of fun places to go. I like the fact you can hit all those places in one day.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Troy
Easily done in a day. Plus there are alot of other places including beaches and other springs. You can be on the Suwannee, Santa Fe River, or the Itchnetuckee River as they all run together. It's an awesome place.

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We should definitely do a meet up one day at silver glen. I use to live at hontoon island in deland and go to the glen all the time. Back in the day the place was Marti gras on the water. It's more mellow now which is a good thing becuase so am I :)

I've heard allot of people going up to salt spring now which I have t been too. I live south of blue spring now so I have to trailer north because the slow zone between here and deland is a nightmare. I'd like to go check that out as well. I haven't made a trip that far north since I got my Yami. We tried to get together a run last summer with other jets but it was hard to plan a large group.

@Zarrella I'd love to come check out the Suwannee as well. Can't pass up an opportunity to have a personal guide around a famous river like the Suwannee! Even if it's next year I'm down to make that trip. Any good camping spots or water front hotels/condos in the area?

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
no hotels but there are a few campgrounds

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Bacchus_fl I need to map out some gas stops on the way, but I'm good for a Silver Glen meet. Salt Springs is a nice run, but I think it's all going to be idle speed, which means my little beastie will be enveloping me in two-stroke smoke the whole trip. :S

@Zarrella I'd also like to hit the Suwannee and Ichetucknee. Use to tube that as a kid. :)

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
We spent Saturday on the Suwannee. ...it was an awesome day. Weather was perfect and so was the boat. Kids had a blast

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would come up and camp on the Suwannee but at that point it becomes a guys trip for me and a perfect fall weather trip so the camping isn't too hot. Can you send me the info on the campground you'd suggest. Are there any events on the river worth planning around, float ups or festivals etc.? Just let me now when and I'll try to make it happen.

@smthng are you saying that the run from your place to silver glen is allot of slow zone or that salt spring is allot of slow zone. Where are you coming from? (I see fruit cove but I'm not familiar, is that north of lake George?

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Bacchus_fl this is a nice campground on the Suwannee
http://www.yellowjacketrvresort.com/
Hell, every weekend is a float up at a sandbar or one of the many beaches on either the Suwannee, Santa Fe or the Itchnetuckee rivers. There are also some state and county parks right on the river with camping. So many springs to visit and lots of 72 degree crystal clear water to swim in!

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Tranio are you talking about being in to camp at silver glen or on the Suwannee? We should probably have a separate thread to plan both trips :) If you wanted to camp there is a park right at silver glen but no dockage. You would just have to beach and leave it.

I can do silver glen just about anytime on a Saturday but best in the next month or two before my schedule starts to fill up. The spring also feels best when it's hot outside!

As for the Suwannee, I'm definitely interested in doing a camping weekend there. Since we are camping I'd rather it be a cooler weekend which is harder to plan Pretty Please!?!?! of the holidays. May even be able to make it a Friday-Sunday trip. It's about a 5 hr tow for me so I'm going to get my money's worth! My girls probably won't want to make the trip but I have a few buddies that might be in. Plus maybe I can send them to Disney that weekend and save myself from another 50 min line to ride its a small world. :D

Last edited:

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
A Suwannee river trip would be better in the summer time so that you can enjoy the water.

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Zarrella I agree the springs are best when it's hot out but I hate camping in the summer in Florida. Too muggy and buggy. I like to camp when it's around the low 80s during the day and high 60s at night. Usually late September - early November or in the spring time.

Is there a hotel within a short tow of the Suwannee instead of camping?

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
yes I live in Lake City which is about 30 to 40 minutes from the river and there's plenty of hotels in Lake City