• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Small World....

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Last year at the Shelbyville gathering, several forum members taught my son to wake board and wake surf. I was a lost cause, He had a blast and I had a blast watching him. After that trip I convinced my wife that we needed a wake board tower and we began shopping around. I couldn't find any that I liked or that had a bimini option that I liked (i'm a picky bastard) but we both liked the tower/bimini on the 242LS, so we ended up trading in our Limited for one of those. Couldn't be happier!

In October we organized a fall cruise with several local members to head up the Illinois river for lunch and a final run before winterizing. On our way up the river our group passed a blue 242 Limited that looked an awful lot like my old boat. I thought "What are the odds", but I know there are a few blue Limited 242s around here. Later on we were drifting with the group talking about our summer when this blue 242 Limited went right by us and stopped about a half mile up river. @jcyamaharider looked at us and asked "Was that your old boat"? My wife and I fired up the motors and ran over to check it out.

Sure enough it was our old boat! The new owner (Chris) was a really nice guy and just as surprised to be meeting us. This is his first boat and is loving it so far. I plugged the forum but I didn't have any of @txav8r's balls with me, dammit. After a bit our group was headed our way and we needed to go. I gave him my number and left. He called me tonight to talk about his boat; past maintenance, winterizing, trips we had been on with it, etc. He wrote down the forum address and I hope to see him here soon.

You meet the nicest people in a Yamaha.

Pretty cool story....

:winkingthumbsup" I threw 4 or 5 balls in one of my storage containers in the boat...even though I probably won't be out again, just so they are there when I need them! You never know when you need to have the "balls" to recruit a new member! lol Liked the story!

Great story Scott.....more memories to be made next Spring/Summer!!!

That's awesome. Ps, congrats on the upgraded new boat. That turned out to be one expensive "mod" ;)

I sold my 212X in July to a guy (which I wasn't so happy about owning my pride and joy, but his money was green) who than turned around and sold it a few months later to EdTheUte, which I had conversations about my boat in the past. Small world but I'm glad it has a good home with an owner that will take good care of her.

Back