• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Snap in SeaDek or Marine Mat

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I have what might be a stupid question. Say you want to replace the snap in mat on an AR250 or any model that doesn't have the teak style Marine Mat...If you buy the SeaDek or Marine Mat snap on style, do they line up with the factory snaps? Again, I know it might be a stupid question and I know what the common sense answer would be but as Im sure we all know, common sense isn't all that common anymore lol.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I think I’ve seen this asked in other threads and I’m pretty sure that the snaps won’t match up.

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I’ve seen this asked in other threads and I’m pretty sure that the snaps won’t match up.
Thanks for the reply....crazy that they wouldn't make it to match the factory snaps. I guess that would make too much sense lol

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is this confirmed? The SeaDek snaps don't line up with factory snaps? That seems completely unreasonable to me.... you would think it is like weathertech mats or whatever in cars/trucks and they line up perfectly. Someone has to have a laser mapped aftermarket mat for boats!

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
According to the marine mat website they do. They have a shit ton of colors and designs too, a little bit cheaper than sea deck

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The question is... what brand of decking do the Yamaha’s come with? Marine mat has my boat listed but sea deck does not.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I called Marine Mat and talked to Jenny, was checking on buying some small pads to protect the reels / gel coat when poles are in the horizontal rod holders like on the new 255 series FSH.. super cool sales lady. Cost is $20-$30 for a 12”x12” pad. I’m going to double check measurements and pull the trigger on them.

And as Crobd83 stated, they are the supplier to Yamaha and you can get the exact matching color texture that came with your boat!

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you or anyone else end up ordering some marinemat? I’d really like to know if it comes with snaps that match the factory ones. I’d love to replace my crappy floor as easily as possible.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Maineiac I looked at the Marine Mat Snap on, 30% more than SeaDek Stick on. Problem with the snap on is the hot ass snaps and stuff gets under it and collects. I went with SeaDek and should have it next week and installed. Also JetBoatPilot's prices are going up after tomorrow, so I figured I would get them now. For the cockpit and bow.

I do not like the marine mat that is on our swim platform. It is total crap, falling apart and hard to keep clean. The SeaDek appears to hold up better at least from my experience so far.

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Maineiac I looked at the Marine Mat Snap on, 30% more than SeaDek Stick on. Problem with the snap on is the hot ass snaps and stuff gets under it and collects. I went with SeaDek and should have it next week and installed. Also JetBoatPilot's prices are going up after tomorrow, so I figured I would get them now. For the cockpit and bow.

I do not like the marine mat that is on our swim platform. It is total crap, falling apart and hard to keep clean. The SeaDek appears to hold up better at least from my experience so far.
I agree about the swim platform material. It seems “low end” to me and is hard to keep clean. I do wonder how it compares to the nicer looking stuff that goes into the 212 and higher series. Perhaps they have a higher grade material? I’ll have to check out JBP’s prices tonight.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The factory mat on my 210 was crap compared to what came on my 252.

Both SeaDek and Marine Mat have local dealers, I would recommend finding them and supporting local.

Markwest

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I just did this for a 2019 242 LSE and was hoping that the majority of the snaps would be defined by a template and I would only have to do a handful of patch and replace snaps.

This was not the case. Basically I was able to keep 1 anchor snap and all the rest had to be patched and redrilled. Off by small amounts, 1/4 -1/2 inch. This was ~40 new snaps.

Very frustrating. Bad production management, why not have a single template and drill all the holes the same, save so much time over each installation being custom....

Anyways love the Marine Mat snap in. Had a quote for $600 to have someone do it for me, but in the end took me about 3 hours and looks great. I used some white apoxy puddy to fill and new stainless snaps.

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just did this for a 2019 242 LSE and was hoping that the majority of the snaps would be defined by a template and I would only have to do a handful of patch and replace snaps.

This was not the case. Basically I was able to keep 1 anchor snap and all the rest had to be patched and redrilled. Off by small amounts, 1/4 -1/2 inch. This was ~40 new snaps.

Very frustrating. Bad production management, why not have a single template and drill all the holes the same, save so much time over each installation being custom....

Anyways love the Marine Mat snap in. Had a quote for $600 to have someone do it for me, but in the end took me about 3 hours and looks great. I used some white apoxy puddy to fill and new stainless snaps.
This is good to know! I was hoping for a drop in replacement but it sounds like this isn’t it.

Audineil

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I purchased marine mat for my entire boat. The snaps do not come on the mats. You have to install them. So you can line them up with the factory snaps your self. Removing the original swim mats was a pain in the ***. I ordered black snaps and still waiting for them to arrive. I tried to install the silver snaps marine mat gives you with the mats. Just to see how it looked and The mats are so thick it is difficult.

Attachments

Markwest

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I purchased marine mat for my entire boat. The snaps do not come on the mats. You have to install them. So you can line them up with the factory snaps your self. Removing the original swim mats was a pain in the ***. I ordered black snaps and still waiting for them to arrive. I tried to install the silver snaps marine mat gives you with the mats. Just to see how it looked and The mats are so thick it is difficult.
If you purchase the Yamaha specific marine mat part number which Is referenced for the 242x the mats do come with pre installed buttons. Perhaps if you order it direct from Marine Matt they do not?

Audineil

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you purchase the Yamaha specific marine mat part number which Is referenced for the 242x the mats do come with pre installed buttons. Perhaps if you order it direct from Marine Matt they do not?
I ordered them through our local dealer and marine mat is about 20mins away. So that must be the case