• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Snaps on trailering cover

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
There are two snaps on the inside of my trailering cover:
20200417_162956.jpg
They seem to line up with where the poles should be attached but there doesn't appear to be any reciprocal snaps on them. Anyone have any ideas?

Scarab 215

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have two sets of poles, one set for the trailer cover and one set morning cover. Do you have poles with the snaps on the top of them?

Attachments

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I have two sets of poles, one set for the trailer cover and one set morning cover. Do you have poles with the snaps on the top of them?
Hmmm.... Nope, I just have the poles with the flat tops and straps to tie down. I only have the trailering cover. Are those for the trailering or mooring covers? It seems like they would be way easier to use than the straps.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
There are two snaps on the inside of my trailering cover:
View attachment 116296
They seem to line up with where the poles should be attached but there doesn't appear to be any reciprocal snaps on them. Anyone have any ideas?
I have the same Cover and My poles have corresponding snaps to hold in place.

Scarab 215

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
one set for the trailer cover and one set morning cover.
Hmmm.... Nope, I just have the poles with the flat tops and straps to tie down. I only have the trailering cover. Are those for the trailering or mooring covers? It seems like they would be way easier to use than the straps.
Morning cover with the snaps. Trailer cover uses the straps.

Last edited:

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I'm gonna look at getting some poles with snaps. It seems way easier to not having to deal with straps.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The straps work great IMO. Cover stays very secure and tight on mine

BarbaraAnn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Check on the Prism cover at BoatCovers.com . They make them as a custom fit, very durable, waterproof and remain pliable at all temperatures. Maybe a bit better protection than the manufacturer boat cover, but they do require 7 - 8 tie down straps. BoatCovers.com custom make them to fit the boat based on model (Wakeboardtower etc.). It would be even better if they made a deal with Scarab, Wellcraft, Glastron... to get dimensional drawings of the various boat models, so they could make exact fit with the single strap, rear ratcheting system. Price for the Prism is ~$516

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
After speaking with the dealer, they said I had been given the wrong poles and replaced them with the snap version. Way easier! Probably cut my covering time by 1/3rd!