• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Snow Camo seadek install pictures

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I finally finished up the swim platform yesterday. I did the interior earlier in the week but it was dark each time I was home so no pictures. I know many of you are going to say "Yuck!" to the color/pattern and I'll admit the grey seadek teak looked nicer however I was also interested in longevity. I took a key and put lots of scratches on all the of my samples, hydroteak, seadek teak, and plain seadek in many colors. Hands down the snow camo hid the scratches the best. I ran over the samples in my office chair during the day. Once again the clear winner was the snow camo. I like how it looks in combination with my seats and expect it to last a very long time. The teak seadek looks better IMHO but showed the wear and tear for which the snow camo did not.

The feel under the feet is awesome and the dirt washes away with a simple spray.

I removed all my snaps and lifecaulked all the holes. My tube of 5200 had dried up after one use :( and to my surprise my lifecaulk tube (after one use as well) was still in business. My powdering hydroturf pulled off with little glue left behind. The dark stuff in the pictures shows a lot of powdered hydroturf that was underneath the mats. I don't have a power washer, so I just used a hand full of my cheap chinese magic erasers along with a plastic blade to scrape any glue residue left behind (there wasn't much). After about an hour of detailing it cleaned up nicely. I then did one final wipe down with acetone and applied the mats following the directions from @JetBoatPilot which is where I got the complete kit.

I was rushed to get the project finished as my wife had the gambling itch so the pictures aren't at the best angles. All my passengers so far really like the stuff.

20140726_122727.jpg 20140726_142707.jpg 20140726_161838.jpg 20140726_161823.jpg 20140726_162000.jpg 20140726_161949.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Looks good! I'm glad the old came up easily

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I think it looks GREAT!!! The colors go very well together....

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
That's hilarious. Very unique.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's hilarious. Very unique.
I'm partially color blind and also an engineer which should explain my approach for selecting what color/pattern to put in my boat :)

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I can't see it!!!! Must be really good camo!!!:devilhorns:LOL.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@JC6275 Yea funny you say that. When playing paint ball I can spot the camo covered guys with ease. They use guys like me in the military to spot enemy camoflauge

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks great @jetboater4life. Did you have to remove the carpet snaps also? I'll be doing this in the fall/spring.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It looks cool. What was your total install time?
I did it in two different steps. I'm as slow as a turtle when modding my boat so you could probably cut my time down quite a bit. Here is my best guess at the time. For removing the swim deck mats, cleaning and sticking the new stuff including the 3 step over pieces I estimate about 2 hours. The inside of the boat including removing the two pieces of hydroturf in the bow was about 2.5 hours.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks great @jetboater4life. Did you have to remove the carpet snaps also? I'll be doing this in the fall/spring.
Yes I removed all the carpet snaps. It's super easy as they come right out with a few twists of a phillips screw driver. I then put a dab of lifecaulk on each one and wiped it flush to the deck and let it dry a day before installing the mats.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know what you mean by hiding things. I finally replaced the black original deck mat of my 2006 last year. The new stuff looks great but, 1) it's softer so I already have some small nicks on the swim step where I load and unload the boat so I set heavy thing there, 2) it is light color grey so it shows dirt easily. I've already spent more time cleaning the traction mats this year than I did for the privious 4 years.

The good thing is it is cooler. The sun is intense here and it can easily be 100-110 degrees in June-July-August (we're going out tomorrow with a projected high of 107). The black original mat could be too hot under our feet.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very nice install. I want to use your pictures for our website if it is ok.

Thanks!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks great!!!

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Thanks!
Go for it. I might be the first to install this color in this type of boat. Too bad I didn't have that jetboatpilot sticker on the back with the others. Will have to get that on their after my next order. I can take some better pictures when life settles down a little in August.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Thanks!
After about a year of use this stuff has held up great. Spots where wakeboards have scuffed it can't be noticed unless you get your nose up close to the surface. This mod is one of my favorites, right up there with my Lowrance Elite 5 DSI install and my perfect pass install. No more smelly carpet to dry.

I'm curious if those with the teak, which I think looks better initially, have noticed dents and cuts from wakeboards, skies, and such?

@JetBoatPilot Did you end up using my pictures on your webpage?

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks good, I like it. It's different. I'll bet you're right about the longevity too.

Just one thing....you removed the vagina/rectum sticker?? egads, I could never leave the dock unless all my guests were adequately protected. But that's just me. :rolleyes: