• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Snow skiing

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What are your favorite places to go?

What type of skiing do you prefer?

Being in oklahoma we ski mostly colorado. We typically go 3 trips a year. So i get about 12 days of skiing a year. Hopefully when i sell my last business ( just sold one 5 mths ago) which freed me up to buy the ski boat. I will retire to colorado/ new mexico area in the mountains. We ski wolf creek at least once a season and typically copper mountain once. We did that last year but spent 10 days in the salt lake area. Great skiing but they have some messed up liquor laws. Park city was way expensive of a place to eat and drink at. I am aprtial to the smaller resorts. Snow bird and alta were awesome, park city was way crowded, and deer valley was nice.

I enjoy skiing uper mountain blues and blacks (no moguls) i will ski a expert run or two per trip just for the adrenaline. Then cruise the blues and blacks.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We ski 2 small resorts here in PA, the same person owns both of them so we buy season passes and get to ski both resorts. We typically get between 25-30 visits in during the season since both of these resorts are about 1:15 minutes away. Our ski season is really short and unpredictable, last year our season didn't start until after Christmas, 2 years ago we skied around Thanksgiving. Our season really depends on cold weather because we mainly ski on man made snow.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We ski 2 small resorts here in PA, the same person owns both of them so we buy season passes and get to ski both resorts. We typically get between 25-30 visits in during the season since both of these resorts are about 1:15 minutes away. Our ski season is really short and unpredictable, last year our season didn't start until after Christmas, 2 years ago we skied around Thanksgiving. Our season really depends on cold weather because we mainly ski on man made snow.
Is your snow wet and icy? When we skied Utah last season, the weather was 35-45 degrees in feb. Alta and snowbird wasn't too slushy at all but park city was bad. The locals that I talked to at park said they have never seen this many people on those slopes, except spring break. They said that there was likely more here than at spring break. So If we go back it will be in January.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Favorite place I've ever been is Telluride Co. Amazing town, beautiful hotels, and not quite as busy as the I-70 resorts.

Second favorite, Lake Tahoe. You can reach at least 12 different resorts from South Tahoe in less than a few hours. I thought it was so cool when I got to the top of the lift at Heavenly and there was a sign for <- California or Nevada ->. If you can time it right, Tahoe can get feet of fresh snow in a single storm.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@djetok Sounds like you have hit some good ones. My home mountain is Sugarloaf in Maine but still a couple hours away for me. Killington in Vermont is called the beast of the east and we go there once a year for the best that the ice coast has to offer. Last season sucked for us in the east but the year before that was some of the best I have seen and we put in about 30 days.

I got spoiled sking big mountain powder when I was in Europe. As a result I crave what Big Sky in Montanta has to offer and when we relocate to the south east next year we are going to make Big Sky our annual February trip. Best part is no more family ski and board tuning for me as we will only keep our boots:)

viggen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Last winter I spent a few days at breckenridge and keystone, friend of a friend has a free place for us to stay thus we go there. Probably head that way again this winter for a few days, I have always wanted to ski vail, A basin, cooper etc but they guys I go with inky ski breck and keystone.

I ski blues and groomed blacks

Living in Ohio skiing sucks...

Favorite resort is Whistler, awesome mountain and village! Someday I want to ski Revelstoke and Jackson Hole

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
enjoy skiing uper mountain blues and blacks (no moguls) i will ski a expert run or two per trip just for the adrenaline. Then cruise the blues and blacks.
The group of guys I ski with do the same thing whereas the wife's stay on the blues and greens.
What are your favorite places to go?
A few of our favorite places are Whitefish, Whitefish Mountain plus Lake Louise and Sunshine Banff, Alberta, Canada

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is your snow wet and icy? When we skied Utah last season, the weather was 35-45 degrees in feb. Alta and snowbird wasn't too slushy at all but park city was bad. The locals that I talked to at park said they have never seen this many people on those slopes, except spring break. They said that there was likely more here than at spring break. So If we go back it will be in January.
@djetok It's usually icy, we usually don't get wet surfaces until late in the season. The problem out here is that during the day the temps raise enough during the day and everything that thawed gets icy. The resorts we ski make more man made snow than we get real snow. It's too bad that I'm in my late 40's with bad knees since 7 Springs has some really good terrain parks and the only full sized half pipe on the East coast. We will ski anything without bumps, but with limited vertical out black diamonds are probably more like greens out west.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The group of guys I ski with do the same thing whereas the wife's stay on the blues and greens.
We had a trip 2 years ago at copper with a large group, so we all had plenty of people too ski with. My wife and her friend always ended up at trex (mid mountain bar), we would ski there and see them. She said " trex is one of my favorite places in the world" to which I responded "oh is that why you never leave here" Everyone got a chuckle and I got in trouble.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Favorite place I've ever been is Telluride Co. Amazing town, beautiful hotels, and not quite as busy as the I-70 resorts.

Second favorite, Lake Tahoe. You can reach at least 12 different resorts from South Tahoe in less than a few hours. I thought it was so cool when I got to the top of the lift at Heavenly and there was a sign for <- California or Nevada ->. If you can time it right, Tahoe can get feet of fresh snow in a single storm.
Love Telluride... Very very nice and I like it better than aspen. I have skied almost every resort in Colorado. Telluride is up on the top of my list , they have some great steeps.
Wolfie, Copper (with kids), telluride, breck peak 10 and imperial, crested, winter park - Mary jane

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

A few of our favorite places are Whitefish, Whitefish Mountain plus Lake Louise and Sunshine Banff, Alberta, Canada
want to goto white fish and of course big sky. I have skied Colorado , new mexico, BC, Utah, and Idaho (sun valley) neat place

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last winter I spent a few days at breckenridge and keystone, friend of a friend has a free place for us to stay thus we go there. Probably head that way again this winter for a few days, I have always wanted to ski vail, A basin, cooper etc but they guys I go with inky ski breck and keystone.

I ski blues and groomed blacks

Living in Ohio skiing sucks...

Favorite resort is Whistler, awesome mountain and village! Someday I want to ski Revelstoke and Jackson Hole
Breck is a great resort and they just opened peak 6 , I yet to ski it. I love breck for the vast varied terrain ( like all vail resorts) and the town. We usually stay in warriors mark area and walk / pole to the lift. Breck as far as town resort is in my opinion the best. Park the car and never get in it again til we leave. Downstairs at eric's at night and daylight donuts in the am. Tons of different places to eat that doesn't break the budget. I'm still sore over bbq for 6 in park city for 150 dollars (of course everyone got a drink).

We do one large group trip (last year was Utah), one with the kiddos (usually copper because of the village setup and kids lessons and terrain), and a boys trip (wolfie every year). If red mccombs every wins over the forestry department and gets the resort in, I will be one of the first ones to buy a place there!

By the way I LOVE SKIING if you couldn't tell

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Minnesota skiing is hit or miss year over year, we have a pretty decent season length-wise, but most is man made too. The ones around here are only good for a couple hrs at most then I get bored... :rolleyes:

We try to get out to Winter Park CO once a year to get some 'real' skiing in (missed last year). Some of my favorite runs there are back on the Eagle Wind area, full of trees, powder, bumps, beautiful and not busy, Vasquez Ridge has some goodies too. I'll pretty much ski anything, just wish my group I go with would be up for more. I end up skiing on my own for a while each day to get in something more than blues.

I would love to get more skiing in, hopefully when my kids get a bit older we can get more trips in to bigger ski areas. I got both skiing at about 3-4 years old (now 5 and 7), so they should be ready in a few more years.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
that's awesome about the kids both my little kids did ski school until I was comfortable with them skiing with my wife and I or my wife. Sometimes I go looking for them and never find them and end up on a lift that takes me to the top. ;)

viggen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I didn't really enjoy breck this past winter. Seems like most of the runs are steep for a very short time then it's kinda blue/green roller until the lift. The town is nice but for me whistler is many times better. Snow isn't as nice at whisper vs breck or Colorado but not dealing with altitude plus it's immense size make up for that.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have teenagers that like to hit snowboard park and my wife does not like diamonds ... Well not the ski trail kind anyway;). So now I just set the meeting place at the bar. That way it is a win for me wether I am late or early.

I do have a question though. Why the heck are we boat owners talking about skiing in August. That should be a crime. Snow is a four letter s word in the summer, especially for us northerners. So how about a new thread on the best boat blenders?

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I didn't really enjoy breck this past winter. Seems like most of the runs are steep for a very short time then it's kinda blue/green roller until the lift. The town is nice but for me whistler is many times better. Snow isn't as nice at whisper vs breck or Colorado but not dealing with altitude plus it's immense size make up for that.
Whistler is awesome. One thing that I have found in my years of skiing Colorado is, Vail resorts tends to dumb down their ratings. Since they are a tourist magnet, they rate a blue that very well could be rated a green elsewhere. It sounds like you were on the southside of peak 9. They have the run that a blue dumps into a green that is like 2 miles long and if you don't carry speed you pole for 1.5 miles. One thing I didn't like about park city was the short runs but a blue is a blue. Hell I went down a blue that I would have sworn it was a black, but it was slushy and cut up. You can see a vast difference in ratings 5 miles each way on I-70 from Frisco. Copper has some nice long wear you out blue or blacks on the east side all the way to the bottom. I typically ski on the east side and the rest stay on middle and west side.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have teenagers that like to hit snowboard park and my wife does not like diamonds ... Well not the ski trail kind anyway;). So now I just set the meeting place at the bar. That way it is a win for me wether I am late or early.

I do have a question though. Why the heck are we boat owners talking about skiing in August. That should be a crime. Snow is a four letter s word in the summer, especially for us northerners. So how about a new thread on the best boat blenders?
sorry it was off topic and I'm starting my ski season planning and I can multi-task. :)