• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

So much for paying for a slip at the marina....

Hahahahaha! The end of our first sason with our Yamaha, costs me a house. The logic was instead of paying a Marina we could use the fee to upgrade and live on the lake. Best decision we've made, and we timed the local real estate market perfectly. (Assuming the bottom doesn't drop out again).

Took me a little while to figure out what you meant.....as I couldn't see "upgrading" as moving to a house without a dock! So you have a house with a dock now, and you wanted to "upgrade" to a bigger house (but no dock)? And you convinced the wife to stay! Cool! Now you just need to convince her to build onto the house you currently have so the desire to "upgrade" away from the lake goes away!

Ended 2013 season thinking I was gonna rent a slip in 2014

Convinced the wife to stay in current house instead of upgrading and buying a second home on the lake!

What lake is your house on?

Hartwell

Instead of one big house in city (no dock or lake)

1 small house in city and 1 small house on lake (w/dock)

Reactions: 007
I would love to sale my home and buy a waterfront home, but the wife won't budge. I must dream on!!!!!

I'm not too far from Hartwell...can I park my boat in that empty slip? ;)

Hartwell is a nice lake. We use to camp on the island you can see from 85 almost every weekend in the mid 90'S

Hartwell

we did that this year too! congrats!

Hartwell

We are on Hartwell as well with a dock. I also have a house in the city with no dock or lake. :) I feel like I need to get a lift in the dock next spring. What kind do you have?

Back