• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

So phone took a trip to the bayou

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So my droid razr maxx took a swim in the bayou on a trip with the wife this weekend. Contract is up for renewal with verizon in June.

Thoughts? Replace droid or go with apple iPhone 5sc

Wife has a 5s and I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3.....I also have an iPad....but love my phone. 5s screen is just to freakin small! My phablet has 96GB of memory!!! No need to delete videos or photos pretty much ever (until I get a new one). I watch movies on it when I fly to India! But that might not be a common use for many. Also has a huge battery that....yes wait for it....that you can replace with a backup if needed! What a concept!

We went from android to the iPhone as a family this year on T-Mobile..... All 5s's and the big plus for is the iPhone ecosystem. Very good choice for us!

I might be biased because I work for the company that is buying them, but the Nokia phones are some of the best on the market...especially that new Icon. The Windows Phones are the jet boats of the cell phone market. I just wish Verizon had the Nokia 520...$100 or less with no contract - you own the phone. Talk about a perfect kids phone or a temporary phone while getting a cracked screen replaced.

I got tired of Apple. Buying special Apple only power cables really annoyed me when I have a drawer full of USB cables that would have been fine. The last straw was iOS 7 which I really don't like. I wanted a larger screen too.

I switched to Samsung. Three family members now have Samsung Galaxy 3 smartphones which we all agree are great. Having user replaceable batteries and SD card slots is a huge bonus. The only downside was 2 of my favorite apps are not available on Android so I've had to switch to two (in my opinion) inferior apps to replace them. The Samsung notifier is still superior to Apple's.

I used a Windows 8 phone for a month. I liked it but the OS still needs some work. Only one volume control for all audio! No notifier control over screen brightness.

Icon Windows phone is fantastic. Great screen super fast processor and stable. I highly recomment it!

I've had an iPhone since day 1. Tried a Galaxy S3 for a few days and returned it for a iphone 5s instead. Samsung makes a great device but I just didnt get along with Android OS. So back to the iPhone because iOS sucks a little less.

As for tablets I think any of them with a mobile OS version suck. I like the full Win8. Have returned a couple Android tablets and would like a Dell Venue 8 Pro.

Samsung is taking market share away from Apple. Apple is suing Samsung for patent infringement for their finger swipe to unlock technology. I like Samsung's larger screen, cheaper price, universal charging cable, user replaceable battery and fairly intuitive OS. I'm generally against proprietary electronics and operating systems. We all saw what happened with Wang and Digital computer companies. I do regard Apple ahead of the technology curve in many respects but don't like being caged.

Note 3, best phone I've ever had! Smarter than me but also easy to use and figure out.

I have the Samsung Galaxy 3, wife has the 4, we LOVE these phones. I haven't seen a phone that makes me even want to upgrade yet. The 4 is the same phone with a few more gadgets that I don't need so I stick with and love the 3.

The iOS phones simply lack features. Samsung is far beyond Apple as it relates to technology. I use the Samsung Note 3 and believe it to be the best phone ever made. My wife and son have Galaxy 3's and love them. One of my employees has the newest Nexus and loves that too.

My personal phone is a HTC OneS, I love the apps available for my droid, but I hate how slow it is when not hooked up to wifi. I'm not sure if it's my phone that is slow or the provider I have.

My work phone is an I-Phone with a different provider. It seems to me that the apps are more limited and I really don't like the small screen. BUT it is super fast when using it without wifi.

My contract just expired with Verizon so I'm searching right now what is going to be my Droid Razr replacement.

Right now the Galaxy S5 is leading the way. One thing that really makes me lean towards that one is the water-proofing (IP67 rated). Since we spend a lot of time on/around water (obviously) that is a pretty strong selling point. It would be really nice to know that if it got spilled on, dripped on, or took a swim (hopefully not in a deep spot of the lake!) it would survive. Not sure I can ignore that feature when choosing the next phone...

I have also looked at the HTC One (M8) and the Moto X, and both are really nice phones. I don't look at Apple stuff because they are not supported by my house's IT staff (aka me).

For a tablet I use a Surface 2 and really love it.

My contract just expired with Verizon so I'm searching right now what is going to be my Droid Razr replacement.

Right now the Galaxy S5 is leading the way. One thing that really makes me lean towards that one is the water-proofing (IP67 rated). Since we spend a lot of time on/around water (obviously) that is a pretty strong selling point. It would be really nice to know that if it got spilled on, dripped on, or took a swim (hopefully not in a deep spot of the lake!) it would survive. Not sure I can ignore that feature when choosing the next phone...

I have also looked at the HTC One (M8) and the Moto X, and both are really nice phones. I don't look at Apple stuff because they are not supported by my house's IT staff (aka me).
Now, if they could only make it float also, we'd be all set.

Another vote for the Galaxy Note 3 here. I've had iPhones in the past and I was wanting a larger screen. I got tired of waiting on Apple to get with the times. I'm loving the features and speed as well as the HD screen. My wife still has an iPhone 4s and she's on the fence as to what to get next. She thinks my phone is too big, but loves the camera and the pics it takes.

I'm anxious to see this new iPhone 6 coming out later this year. I've heard numerous rumors about a bigger screen, better camera, and larger memory. Of course, isn't that what we hear each time a new iPhone is about to come out? HA!

I used to love my Samsung Galaxy S4..... until they 'upgraded' it a couple of weeks ago. It used to work awesome but now it is having all kinds of problems. It seemed to have a lot better features and was faster than my wife's iPhone 5 now she is having fun pointing out that her phone always works. They are on the same network.
One thing that is really wonderful is my Seido case for my phone. It is fully waterproof. They even have you test it underwater before you use it. I have taken mine in the pool and hot tub. The sound quality didn't seem to be diminished by the case. I really recommend the waterproof Seido case.

I took the plunge and went iPhone 5s, everything else in the home is apple, except the roku. Unfortunately I am now in the competition for lightning connector cables with my wife and son!

Thanks
Mark

My work provided phone is a 5s and although I am not an Apple fan I must say it is extremely reliable and easy to use.

Back