• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Soft close seat cushion hinges?

Mike Breton

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone done any mods so the hinged seat cushions close slower? The one behind the driver with the cooler always just get's dropped and it drives me crazy.

Thanks!

Mike
2016 AR240 HO

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Following, as I also am driven crazy by the same exact thing!!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think some folks have added gas struts for that. It's on my list to do, but always forget about it.

Mike Breton

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, I saw one post about gas struts but I wouldn't know what size to buy. Love a suggestion or even better a link if anyone has done this.

Thanks!

-Mike

LX210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
+1, drives me crazy people cannot lower it gently.