• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Soft side coolers and beer bottles

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know most people don't like taking bottles on the boat, I don't either, but the only beer I can drink comes only in glass bottles no cans. Since we mainly now use our soft-sided AO cooler bringing beer for me has been not an option, I am not going to damage my cooler over a beer. I am typically not one to settle on not doing something so I came up with a idea, protective condoms for the top of beer bottles. Now the problem what to use as the beer bottle condoms. After a couple of days of thinking about it and discussing it with the wife, I came up with an idea. Hope about using rubber leg tips of the right size, so of to Home Depot I went. After looking at the selection I determined that the 1 inch leg tips would be the right size. Now the test to see if my size guess is correct, I always get rubber things bigger than I need, haha. This time I bought the right size, 1 inch is a snug fit so it will stay on while bouncing around in the cooler.

Beer Bottle Condom.jpg

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Nice.... Could you ist a small noodle and cut it into 2 or 3 inch sections to cover the top of the bottles. ?

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Your idea does take up less space though... :winkingthumbsup" Less space = more beer!!!

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you have a wheat allergy or full on gluten intolerance / celiac?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do you have a wheat allergy or full on gluten intolerance / celiac?
My sister has full on celiac. I have never been to a doctor about my issue just followed what she has done, stop eating/drinking things made with wheat, and my symptoms have gone away. My uneducated guess is I am gluten intolerant.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice.... Could you ist a small noodle and cut it into 2 or 3 inch sections to cover the top of the bottles. ?
My first thought was a pool noodle but like you said even the small ones are kind of wide. I ought have to do some experimenting with a noodle and see how it compares.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My sister has full on celiac. I have never been to a doctor about my issue just followed what she has done, stop eating/drinking things made with wheat, and my symptoms have gone away. My uneducated guess is I am gluten intolerant.
Wheat allergy here. Red Bridge is too far from normal beer for me. Tried the Omission but still get headaches from it...too bad because it actually tastes like beer. Settled on Bud Light because it is easy to get and does not give me sinus headaches, migraines, etc.

Crazy though, had allergies all of my life, asthma, restless legs (itching from the inside), migraines and a bunch of other things that went away within a week of cutting wheat out of my diet. Even something as small as the MSG in Doritos sets me off.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
This is just an observation, has anyone else noticed what seems like a drastic increase in all types of allergies in the last 10 or 15 years? It seems like 8 out of 10 people I come in contact with anymore have some sort if allergy. I had not even heard of a gluten allergy until a few years ago, probably because I didn't know anyone who had it. It may be just me but I wonder what would be the cause if there has been a dramatic increase across the board.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wheat allergy here. Red Bridge is too far from normal beer for me. Tried the Omission but still get headaches from it...too bad because it actually tastes like beer. Settled on Bud Light because it is easy to get and does not give me sinus headaches, migraines, etc.

Crazy though, had allergies all of my life, asthma, restless legs (itching from the inside), migraines and a bunch of other things that went away within a week of cutting wheat out of my diet. Even something as small as the MSG in Doritos sets me off.
Once I cut wheat out of my diet withing two weeks my lower GI issues went away. I have since noticed that my sinus allergies are minimal, my migraines are few and far between and my cramps, mainly leg, are almost none existent. It is amazing what our diet does to our bodies.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is just an observation, has anyone else noticed what seems like a drastic increase in all types of allergies in the last 10 or 15 years? It seems like 8 out of 10 people I come in contact with anymore have some sort if allergy. I had not even heard of a gluten allergy until a few years ago, probably because I didn't know anyone who had it. It may be just me but I wonder what would be the cause if there has been a dramatic increase across the board.
Not sure exactly but based on some of the reading I have done, it seems some bio-engineered foods might be the culprit. Scientist have been engineering wheat to have more and more gluten in it. Gluten is the stuff that binds food together, makes cookies gooey. They might have gotten to a tipping point with the amount of gluten that more and more people can no longer tolerate.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Not sure exactly but based on some of the reading I have done, it seems some bio-engineered foods might be the culprit. Scientist have been engineering wheat to have more and more gluten in it. Gluten is the stuff that binds food together, makes cookies gooey. They might have gotten to a tipping point with the amount of gluten that more and more people can no longer tolerate.
I also wonder if the greatly increased use of anti bacterial material, such as soaps, cleaners, and sanitizers has diminished the bodys immune system the ability to fend off these types of afflictions...

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I also wonder if the greatly increased use of anti bacterial material, such as soaps, cleaners, and sanitizers has diminished the bodys immune system the ability to fend off these types of afflictions...
that is another opinion of the cause.

Back on topic, haha, just tested the noodle idea. A small pool noodle works but when you pull it off the bottle the cap rips the inside apart, after a few uses you will have to replace the noodle.

Last edited:

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
It was worth a shot... Sorry to get off topic. The rubber caps look like they will work nicely..

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey speaking of beer and celiac ..aren't all light beer made of rice?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@andy07sx230ho. Back on topic again. How about using a bunch of Jetboaters cozies to protect your bottles. Along with the rubber tops you found the cozies will keep the bottles from crashing together, keep them colder and be already to drink when you pull them out of the cooler. Also if you have 9 other adult beer drinkers on board you can throw down the first 9 beers real fast and pass the cozies out to your friends for their beers. :winkingthumbsup"

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
LOL ............. Excellent Thread.

But if you are gluten intolerant, woodn't it be easier to simply give up BEER ?

Hey ! Someone HAD to ask this. LOL. Y"all play nicely today ......... Mikey Lulejian - Livin' the good 96 degree life on beautiful Lake Oconee, GA

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like Mikey's idea best, but for those of you who think you might be having this problem with gluten, check out my go-to guy, Dr. Oz!

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/gluten-sensitivity-self-test
I don't like Mikey's idea at all. :)

The thing with going gluten free is that you have to give up basically everything. Most fast food, with the exception of salads, is on the no-go list. Desserts, sweets, many snack foods, even licorice...all bad now. There are gluten free options but they all kind of suck so you are left with a diet of meats, fruits and vegetables. It is definitely not the worst thing for you but it gets old. I was into craft beers before I discovered my wheat allergy so now even Bud Light is pretty sucky...although the mangorita's are pretty darn good over ice (pinky out of course).

Sometimes I still declare a cheat night and accept that fact that I will suffer for the next day or two after. Those days are all craft beer and cake. :)

Just to add to this, after talking to my sister in law about this a few weeks ago she went gluten free and her allergies and asthma have subsided to the point that she ran 4 miles the other day without any issues. She is amazed at how long she suffered and how easy the fix was.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well, I would beg to differ on it being an easy fix...as you mention, giving up life itself almost to gain the relief is only worth it after you have done it...it is "doing it" that is the struggle!