• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD (SOLD) 2002 SeaDoo Challenger X-20 X20

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2002 SeaDoo Challenger X-20, $11,000 in Dilworth, MN (Fargo, ND) SOLD

Based on the 20ft Challenger 2000, the X20 is SeaDoo's Wakeboat with factory tower. It also shipped with a 500lb FatSac ballast bag and pump for the ski locker to give the wake a bit more volume. This tip-down tower allows the boat to be stored in a standard sized garage. It includes an optional wide-angle tow mirror for monitoring Wakeboarders and tubers. One double board rack on the tower will store one Wakeboard and one Surfboard

Unlike the early twin-rotax Challengers, the X-20 has a much more powerful Mercury SportJet 240hp EFI motor. It does top out around 54mph on GPS and can easily cruise 45mph with a full capacity of 8 people. There is more than enough power for all watersports including towing a pair of 2-person tubes off the tower for wicked whips.

This X20 has had some major upgrades for performance, comfort and enjoyment.

Upgraded 2-step boarding ladder
Diamond Cut Black HydroTurf throughout including swimdeck and steps
AM Ride plate to eliminate any porpoising at speed
CobraJet Steering fins for off power control and tracking
Solid Tine rock grate on the Jet Pump for protection
8ft Keelshield KeelGuard for hull protection on the sandbar
The Karavan trailer has Goodyear Marathon radial tires and included spare
VeVe 65" guide posts painted to match the trailer, with pads and covers
Stoltz bow roller to help avoid marring the hull when in tow
LED running lights and signals on the trailer
The fitted factory SeaDoo cover allows for protection on the lift or on the road with ratchet system

The amount of electronics in this boat requires a Dual battery setup to avoid any worry of draining the cranking battery to get home.

1-AGM cranking battery and 1-Deep Cycle battery for the electronics. Setup with a switch and isolator for easy use and charging off the motor while under way.
All stereo equipment has been professionally installed by Site On Sound of Fargo.
Alpine Marine CDE-137BT Bluetooth, MP3, USB, CD Head Unit
Alpine Waterproof Wireless Remote with floating lanyard and storage cradle on the console
Alpine Marine 2-Channel Amp for Tower speakers and interior speakers
Alpine Marine Mono Amp for the Subwoofer
Alpine Marine 6.5" Speakers
Alpine Marine 10" Subwoofer
Kicker 41KMT674 Tower Speaker pods w/Speaker Sacks
Lowrance X4-Pro Sonar/Depth Finder/Graph

This boat has been professionally winterized each year and trailer bearings serviced by Moorhead Marine. They specialize in all things SeaDoo including the Mercury powered SeaDoos.

Video Walk around here:

Also available, Porta-Dock, Porta-Lift 3000lb Aluminum Cantilever boat lift. Full length vinyl covered bunks with 4- PVC and Vinyl covered guide posts

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
great video, especially showing the kids surfing, it made me want to buy it,

It looks like you had a quality boat, I hope the new owner enjoys it,

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you. That was my way to honestly say, it's possibly to surf behind it, but it's not designed for it. Big kids like me would not be happy if I was told it was a surf boat, as it is not. But then again, how many factory tower boats are out there for $11K? I was amazed at the activity I got on that ad.

We are going to meet the new owners this week and talk about what it will be like once the lakes thaw. We have another month of ice yet to dream about boating. All of that, and I am planning my road trip out of the great white north to hopefully bring a Yamaha home!! WOO WOO!! I have been a waverunner owning lurker for too long!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats on the sale @biffdotorg . I bet you will still miss the seadoo at least for a little while but that will wane as you discover how much more room there is on a Yamaha and how much better the mileage is.

I recall burning through a 40 gallon tank in less than 2 hours in my x20 when gas out here in Ncal was over $4 per gallon.

John.Vernam

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@biffdotorg I know yours is sold, but would you happen to know by chance the length and width of the boat on trailer (assuming no swim tongue trailer installed)? Much appreciated!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ya, they didn't use a swing tongue, so it was slightly longer than the boat, which came in at 19.8' or so. So I would say 22' at most. But the widest point of the boat was 8.5', but that was right under the tower. The bow and stern were narrower. I figured that out when I put the guide posts on, as it got stuck the first time coming off the trailer.

So it would go into any 9' door easily if you didn't have the guide posts on the trailer. The fenders tucked under the boat and were narrower than the rub rails.