• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

SOLD SOLD - 2006 fx140 Cruiser Waverunner (needs ECU)

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
SOLD ON 6/6/16. An Ecu new (I can't find a used one) is $1,100 but that is all it needs as the original one is non repairable. When it's running it's great, it has a three position nozzle trim, three position adjustable handle bars, self retracting boarding step and plenty of storage space (front, back, glove box, dry storage for keys/wallet, even a drink holder). Oh, and it holds 18 gallons of fuel. Tops out at 47 mph. It's a three seater with a 998 cc MR1 (140 HP, 4 stroke) motor with under 300 hours in it. I replaced the stock air filter with a cleanable /reusable an R&D filter and replaced the spark arrestors with matching velocity stacks, the pump and impeller are in great condition. This is the same motor that powers the 230 non-ho boats. So if you just need an engine or core for your boat this could be it.

Includes trailerable premium cover
Excludes pictured PWC dolly and trailer

I'm not going to screw around with trying to fix this. I have three skis including this one but only a single two place trailer so too many toys but not enough time or space so it's time to part ways.

The first $1,500 (firm) takes it (and I'm mean picks it's up as well, at about 10 feet long and just over 3 feet wide it weighs 900ish lbs dry).

Located near San Francisco, CA.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
$hit, @Ronnie - you are practically giving it away!
I wish I was closer and into jetskis.

Holly crap that's tempting !!!

Dadgummit! I would buy this right this second if I was closer. I know you take care of your stuff.

No doubt. Screaming good deal, be surprised if it ain't gone today.

So miscellaneous update on this.

1. I put an ad on Craigslist with an extra 0 in my price by accident that is I listed it for $15,000 not $1,500 by mistake but I still got a few emails on it.
2. I corrected the ad yesterday and got three / four other people emailed me almost immediately.
3. I forgot how much I dislike selling things on craiglist, too many people just trying to excel is their haggling skills without taking the time to read or re-read the ad. One guys wrote me four different times asking me basic things that are clearly in the ad (e.g., what is wrong with it, how much do I want for it, etc.) before asking for and receiving my number and never calling it.
4. I got an a anonymous email late last night saying the the top end of the engine needs is damaged and needs to be rebuilt because I put an aftermarket air filter and velocity stacks on it. Two hours later at 1a I got another message stating im interested , I have cash, call me (a local number). I'm guessing it's the same guy and the first message was just posturing to set up for a low offer.
5. If this doesn't sell on Craig's list before my ad expires I don't know if I will replace the Ecu or just let the ski sit in my backyard a little longer but I won't be resisting it on Craig's list, maybe eBay though.

So miscellaneous update on this.

1. I put an ad on Craigslist with an extra 0 in my price by accident that is I listed it for $15,000 not $1,500 by mistake but I still got a few emails on it.
2. I corrected the ad yesterday and got three / four other people emailed me almost immediately.
3. I forgot how much I dislike selling things on craiglist, too many people just trying to excel is their haggling skills without taking the time to read or re-read the ad. One guys wrote me four different times asking me basic things that are clearly in the ad (e.g., what is wrong with it, how much do I want for it, etc.) before asking for and receiving my number and never calling it.
4. I got an a anonymous email late last night saying the the top end of the engine needs is damaged and needs to be rebuilt because I put an aftermarket air filter and velocity stacks on it. Two hours later at 1a I got another message stating im interested , I have cash, call me (a local number). I'm guessing it's the same guy and the first message was just posturing to set up for a low offer.
5. If this doesn't sell on Craig's list before my ad expires I don't know if I will replace the Ecu or just let the ski sit in my backyard a little longer but I won't be resisting it on Craig's list, maybe eBay though.

@Ronnie I feel your pain. I've been going through that same nonsense, and much worse, selling one of my old boats right now. I listed it on craigslist and boattrader. What a mistake!
Maybe I'm getting old, but it didn't used to be like that. The sheer boldness and tenacity of nowadays scammsters is just effing daunting.
I had several guys sending me checks for more than I asked. Go figure.

What is scary though they ask for your PayPal to transfer you money. Haven't figure that out, how on earth would that work?

Last edited:
As I am sure u know craigslist is riddled with scammers... I always but on the bottom of my ads.... IF YOU ARE A SCAMMER, KEEP SCROLLING, I AM NOT YOUR GUY. I ONLY DEAL FACE TO FACE WITH CASH!

Not that I sell a lot of stuff on cl but when I do that seems to keep a lot of the scammers away.

Did you ever sell this Waverrunner?

I sold it a few days ago to a Pwc mechanic. Smoothest craigslist transaction I've ever had. Thanks for asking and for the reminder to change the status on this.

That's awesome. Congrats @Ronnie

I sold it a few days ago to a Pwc mechanic. Smoothest craigslist transaction I've ever had. Thanks for asking and for the reminder to change the status on this.

That's great, I would have shipped it to SC and fixed if you still had it. Glad you had a good experience.

@Ronnie What is scary though they ask for your PayPal to transfer you money. Haven't figure that out, how on earth would that work?

I was kind of a victim of this scam a few years ago. Here is how it works, in my case I as selling a car on eBay. Someone used buy it now to purchase the car from me. Soon afterwards they sent me a partial PayPal payment and indicated that they would pay me the balance soon and arrange for pick up. I transferred the money to my bank account and started spending it. A few days later PayPal writes me that the payment was made on a new account with a stolen card. PayPal immediately debits my account with them for them amount I was paid. I could not buy anything thing via eBay until I paid off the debt. Had the account not been new the scammer could have paid me the full amount and I would have handed him the title and car on the Same day only to find three days later that not only would I have been out the car but the money as well.

With the craigslist guys I've learned to just accept their buy it now offers and invite them to call me Immediatley to schedule sometime to complete the transaction 99% of the time I never hear back from them. When I see one of those deals that I can't pass up even if it's too good to be true (e.g. Two 2015 seadoo pwcs for $5,000) I say I will take it at their asking price and want to see / test drive it them immediately with cash in hand. I never get a response on those either.

I was kind of a victim of this scam a few years ago. Here is how it works, in my case I as selling a car on eBay. Someone used buy it now to purchase the car from me. Soon afterwards they sent me a partial PayPal payment and indicated that they would pay me the balance soon and arrange for pick up. I transferred the money to my bank account and started spending it. A few days later PayPal writes me that the payment was made on a new account with a stolen card. PayPal immediately debits my account with them for them amount I was paid. I could not buy anything thing via eBay until I paid off the debt. Had the account not been new the scammer could have paid me the full amount and I would have handed him the title and car on the Same day only to find three days later that not only would I have been out the car but the money as well.

With the craigslist guys I've learned to just accept their buy it now offers and invite them to call me Immediatley to schedule sometime to complete the transaction 99% of the time I never hear back from them. When I see one of those deals that I can't pass up even if it's too good to be true (e.g. Two 2015 seadoo pwcs for $5,000) I say I will take it at their asking price and want to see / test drive it them immediately with cash in hand. I never get a response on those either.

It's actually comical some of the things people reply with on CL and EBAY. It's hard to imagine people actually fall for some of the stuff thats out there.

I just recently sold an older ski boat. It was ridiculous. Of the more interesting scenarios that played out, we had a phucking a$$hole sending us an actual check for $12,000, which was a little over the asking price, that the bank said could clear. My wife ended up reporting that to the police as she became paranoid the guy would show up for the boat or send people. It was very unpleasant.

We also got PayPal offers that I could not figure out. @Ronnie just clarified it for me here, thank you.
I ended up using @bronze_10 verbiage in the CL ad that eventually generated a local (cash in hand) sale, thank you.

Love this forum!

I hope there is a special place in hell for the scammers.

I just recently sold an older ski boat. It was ridiculous. Of the more interesting scenarios that played out, we had a phucking a$$hole sending us an actual check for $12,000, which was a little over the asking price, that the bank said could clear. My wife ended up reporting that to the police as she became paranoid the guy would show up for the boat or send people. It was very unpleasant.

We also got PayPal offers that I could not figure out. @Ronnie just clarified it for me here, thank you.
I ended up using @bronze_10 verbiage in the CL ad that eventually generated a local (cash in hand) sale, thank you.

Love this forum!

I hope there is a special place in hell for the scammers.
Ya gotta put it out there so the scammers know to keep loving and the real buys know u r not scamming!

[USERGROUP=3]@Administrative[/USERGROUP] - Please mark sold

Ya gotta put it out there so the scammers know to keep loving and the real buys know u r not scamming!
@bronze_10 Yes Sir! It worked like a charm, actually, thank you. Even the actual buyers (who showed up with cash in hand, and the nicest people) commented on it, they were kind of amused. It was kind of funny.

My wife thought I was crazy putting that verbiage in, at first. And then, she was impressed. (well, that's kind of a story of my life with her...:cigar:)

What I do find very disconcerting here is @Ronnie report about the PayPal fraud. I did not think it could be as simple as a stolen credit card...
Really, what good is PayPal for if it does not protect you from that...?!? :(

--

Back