• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD SOLD 2013 AR192 Supercharged / Ohio

Khan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2013 Ar192 supercharged.
70 hours on it
Thrust vectors installed.
Comes with mooring cover
Wakeboard rack.
Upgraded stereo with Bluetooth.
New trailer tires

Guys im selling my boat, i recently bought it but ill be honest before buying this boat i had never towed anything in my life, never hooked up a trailer or drove anything bigger then a full size suv, thought i would be able to fit it in my garage but with 82" clearance and 18' 6" length it won't fit and all the convenient places i would like to store it at are booked. So everything seems to be a bit overwhelming I guess i jumped the gun without really thinking it though. Everyone tells me its no big deal and that ill get over it but im just not comfortable and ready todo all this by myself. Before buying the boat i looked and searched hard for a nice clean well taken care of boat and almost ordered a new one because i couldn't find one for decent price. I got this one from a freinds freind so basically just trying to get my money back.

Thank you

Attachments

cdjeeps25

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
How much are you asking?

Khan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I Dont know how to edit the original post but it also comes with bow filler cushion, 2 fenders, fire extinguisher, yamaha ropes and 3 life jackets.

Thank you.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good luck with your sale, but that's going to be a bit tough. The covid bubble has burst in our region as used boats are being posted hourly.

That boat was just over $30K brand new in the fall of 2012, and NADA is telling us the high COVID closing price currently is under $25K. So, good luck with your sale, but I would not expect anything over $25 and dropping weekly.

Khan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dont see many boats with low hours and this clean out there and what i do see is closer to 35k and some even 40k. I dont have to sell it i could just store it but thank you.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I dont see many boats with low hours and this clean out there and what i do see is closer to 35k and some even 40k. I don't have to sell it i could just store it but thank you.
I'm sure you are right, just not AR192's. You should not be comparing to AR195's if that is what you are doing, they are even out there for less, depending on year. I see what new 255xd's are selling for, but that doesn't mean your AR192 is worth more than my 242LS. Just trying to set your expectation, as you can ask anything you like. And all the more power to you if the market bears you a buyer. Take advantage of the market, keeping in mind the first time boat buyers have already given up on this season and are now realizing the high cost of boat storage and will be ditching entry level boats.

Realistically, seeing what boats are "listed" for sale for, and understanding that NADA value is based on actual boats "sold for", (which has been adjusted greatly on a regular basis during COVID) 2 years ago, that vintage AR192 was selling under $20K, I know, my buddy and I passed on one as he bought a better AR210 for less! So be very grateful if a buyer comes along and offers you the going rate of $25K, you will be making huge profit if you bought it a couple years ago. If you bought it a few months ago, then sorry to be the bearer of bad news, you are going to lose money.

On a side note, since you shared Ohio as the location, the market may be different from where you are from. So I could be totally wrong. Let's just hope you are not from what most consider the midwest, as many families are planning the second half of summer and how they are going to get their kids off to school in less than a month.

Reality hurts sometimes. Heck, you can always sell it in the spring if you don't get your $30K.

Khan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea thanks for advice, im really not trying to take advantage of the market or anything since i bought it recently myself. Just trying to get my money back if possible thats all. I was gonna go ahead and order a sx190 for 2022 since i couldn't find a decent boat or a used boat for same price as a new one but the very base sx190 with mooring cover only would cost me 36k to 37k after all the fees and taxes. And sx190 is a lesser boat then the ar192. Ar195 is equivalent to my boat and that one i was going to be 43k to 44k out the door with mooring cover.

I may not get all my money back which is ok but before loosing 5k or so i would think hard and long and probably just store it and enjoy a couple of seasons. The thing got me into buying a boat was i rented a pontoon and a ski boat and it cost me over 700 for a total of 8 hours ( 5hrs + 3hrs ) so i figured that was very expensive to keep doing. Ive taken this boat out 3 times already and did a top speed of 44mph on choppy water i doubt a 2022 sx190 would do that.

bks223

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
There was one listed on CL in Houston area for 26k and ready to make a deal. I think 23-25k is realistic..

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ar195 is equivalent to my boat and that one i was going to be 43k to 44k out the door with mooring cover.
Ahh, I see the problem. Nevermind, with the dose of reality posts above. You will be disappointed if you continue to try to sell it. You need to find storage for that boat and get some use out of it. You are obviously happy with the performance, and the deal you got. The other stuff shaking you up will come with time. But you will never get over losing money on what you think you own. There is a reason the 195 is in production and the 192 is not. That's not badmouthing your boat, so don't take it personal. But they are not the same and by no means of the same value. Even if it were the same and the 192 was in production, it's still not worth the same as a boat 8-10 years newer. (damn it, I should have taken that $15K I could have made on my 242ls)

Be glad you didn't learn that lesson ordering a new 190, it would have just cost you more to have learned it. You have a fine boat, just learn to enjoy it.

feziwig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Things are worth exactly what someone will pay for them. Nothing more and nothing less. To someone the boat may be worth $30k and to others it may not. No way to tell for sure until it sells.

if you think someones price is too high, it’s much more polite to send them a DM over putting it out there for all to see, or just ignore the post and move onto the next.
Just my 2 cents

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would agree with that most of the time. I would say we help each other out more than insult here. And since the target market for this boat is not on this forum, some tips on selling it were more than appropriate.

Since the majority of the folks on this forum already own a boat, there will be very few "upgrading" to a 190 series. As I mentioned, in a very non insulting fashion, there is a very good market for this boat, just not here. I would like to consider most of us pretty in tune with the market and for the most obvious reason, we either own something equivalent to or larger than an AR192. We have pulled no punches when someone may be a bit out of line, just in hopes of pointing them in the right direction, either buying or selling.

In this case, if the seller wants to list it as posted, there is nothing stopping them. But it will get the most traction in facebook marketplace, boat trader, craigslist or somewhere that first time boat buyers hang out. As that is the target market for this beautiful rig.

I would have said the other Yamaha site, but that's quite the collection of two stroke guys that giggle that their LS2000 is faster, and won't upgrade to four stroke unless it's a twin.

So again, please don't take my comments as bashing, but in a forum of minimal potential buyers, take the comments as constructive. As plenty of us multi-boat owners have friends looking for their first boat. But we also know how to read an NADA evaluation and would never point this one out to them.

bacnberger

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Sold my 2014 AR192 for 30k also