• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

someone had a bad day today

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
oops

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
it looks like an inboard, wouldn't that bend his impeller shaft??

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes it is a mess, actually that boat has been stuck there for a few days and the water has several sand bars before it could get to deeper water and float , I was hitting one where I was stopped so I believe it will take some serious work to get it out of there and it will no doubt destroy the drive shaft and propeller. I just don't know how it managed to get that far in to begin with. But it is getting buried in the sand every day it stays there.
I noticed several people climbing on the rear deck looking into the boat so I bet it gets ransacked before too long.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was supposed to be a 3 hour tour ;)

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks life a big boat! I feel for the owner!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That is one scenario where I've wondered if a jet pump rescue boat would be useful. Hook up both jet pumps to large diameter hoses to wash out the sand beneath the boat. Of course you'd want to do this asap to make it easier....this one is sinking into the sand more every day!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yea or just a high volume pump to wash out the sand under the boat may work I rescued a boat stuck on a sand bar when the tide went out over at Bunces pass same sand bar just the opposite side, I had everyone push on the boat while I did circles off to one side washing water under the boat and each time the ring of water lifted the boat for a second I had them push on the boat until it washed out far enough to float, when I finally had it off the sand the people who were watching started applauding it was pretty cool actually. I guess at first they thought it was just some fool on a jet ski screwing with a boater well that is how people judge p w c owners and I guess I understand it but I hate people targeting me on my ski just because it 's a ski and they hate them. I do have to deal with this nearly every day I go out. The other day I had 2 people try to run me over in the sky way channel one run up behind me with a 350 hp engine and passed me on the right while I was on the right side of the channel and there was not a single boat around so he did it at 60+ mph I chased him all the way to the beginning of the skyway channel and it was all I could do to keep up with him but he finally stopped and I chewed his ass out when I asked him why he would do something that foolish and dangerous to me he just shrugged his shoulders I shook my head and drove away thinking I need to start filing charges against people for this crap I never even knew he was on my side I was going 30 with my Jeff cruise set and standing up cruising along enjoying the day when I heard a whining sound and saw a flash of a boat pass about 3 feet from my rub rail at a high rate of speed . If he would have hit me I can bet his excuse would have been I cut him off and I would be dead so I couldn't dispute it. Sadly this stuff happens ALL the time if you are riding alone on a ski and I know others have the same experiences and probably worse.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some people can be just plain ignorant. I had a pwc so I have nothing against them personally. When it was calm out on my old lake I'd do donuts to make big waves for them, then sit back and watch them have fun.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
today several people with shovels were trying to dig the boat out from the sand well I did say trying! They also placed a couple of air bags at the aft of the boat however it did not appear they were getting very far with their efforts.stuck boat 001.JPG
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10215468432734451&set=pcb.10215468433294465&type=3 not sure if you can see the facebook picture but I was in water just deep enough to drive the ski so you can see how far they will need to go just to get to some water.

Last edited:

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That will be difficult to move even with some water under her. They need another King tide.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
12 19 2017 boat is still there 002.JPG 12 19 2017 boat is still there 002.JPG
W ell all that effort and it is still there and I doubt shoveling it will do any good however they did get some of the sand out from behind the hull. you can see the sand in the water in front of me I was sitting on the sand myself so there will need to be a big high tide to get that thing out of all that sand.

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It is very shallow out there. Must of been their first time out there.

Ben Okopnik

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yeah, I saw that guy the day I ran out to Egmont. I'm surprised he managed to get in there, much less that far onto the bar - I was running parallel to the shore a good quarter mile off, and started seeing 3-4' under me and nothing but breakers to shoreward. Got out of there in a hurry (and made a mental note that Lowrance's charts of the area suck.)

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
From all of the local knowledge I have read here — it seems that boat was full throttle at a new moon high tide and thought had water all of the way through to the other side just by seeing water and no sand.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Boat is still there I spoke with the owner, he had electrical issues causing his engines to stall it was 2 weeks ago during a very high tide. He said he set his anchor and had someone pick him up and the following day he found his boat where we see it . The anchor rope frayed and broke loose.
he is living on the boat now waiting for a solution he said he paid $1500 to sea tow but they never were capable of moving his boat off the sand.
I suggested a 4 inch pump to wash it out and to mark the sand bars with p v c pipe so he will know where they are and hopefully avoid them once he gets his boat free from the sand, I also suggested he contact Eckerd college as they will tow him in once it is free from shore at no charge. The boat is a 33 footer and surprisingly the drive shafts and props look in very good condition considering what they have endured. In the meantime he needs to enjoy his waterfront condo. The good news is he has friends close by bringing him beer and other things like water and food and more beer. I don't drink so I don't get it but it seems to work for him. So if you visit the sand bar in front of Fort Desoto by Bunces Pass stop by say hello and don't forget to bring a few beers!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On the water jet to wash it out,
Wonder about hooking a hose onto a jet ski like the fly boards have
That would be an easy way to move some water with force

@txdj we miss you

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
A trash pump would work from the beach , a ski would probably suck up all sorts of sand , shells and other things like empty beer cans.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well it looks like he spend his Christmas on the sand bar, boat was still stuck there when I drove by it today .