• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Soon to be new 210 FSH owner

Sullfam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Test drove a 2019 210 FSH Deluxe today and was ready to take it home. The dealer retro fitted a T-Top that collapsed which I was pretty excited about. I wanted a Sport, but none were in inventory.

On the way to the lake I noticed there was significant side to side motion coming from the T-Top while following. It was then I realized they attached the T-Top to the CC (see pic) versus going all the way to the floor like the factory does. Frankly like every one else does that I have seen. Maybe others attached to CC as well, but I am new to boating and have not see it done that way. If it moves that much at 30 mph I can’t imagine the movement and stress on the CC rolling down the highway.

Test drive went great (awesome boat), but way too much flex for my liking and I was worried overtime there will be issues. Plus they put standard washers on the bolts versus a decent sized plate. So zero effort in ensuing a solid mount even if an inferior location. No thanks.

Going to order a 2020 and be done with it. May have to wait a little longer, but I will be much happier. They told me that had sold three others like that and have had no issues. I asked how long the owners had the boats and they said 1-2 months. Yeah, not really a long term test and I have no interest in being a test pilot. Maybe all will be well and for them I hope it is.

This forum has been awesome and I want to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge. It has been extremely helpful.

Attachments

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have to say I agree with your decision. I have the factory tower on a sport, and this thing is pretty rock solid. I’ve never seen it move while towing, and even in rougher water down in FL I never had a question about how solid the T-top is. The canvas is iffy, but luckily there are aftermarket replacements for that which can be had for $250 or even less.

Ron Zimmerman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That mount is a horrible idea. Stability will always be an issue. How would they think a fiberglass console could support that structure. Good decision to wait on the sport. I can do pull ups on the sport tower. Side benefit.

marmstufl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have the jet boat pilot T Top and I love it. My only issue is that it too also sways a little more than I like, but I don't think it'll go anywhere. Sometimes the windshield rubs one of the tower poles when I'm going over a large wake or have significant chop.

I think you made the right call, that thing would wobble and flex all over the place.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great idea but certainly not thought out very well. That console was never designed to support a t top. You made the right choice to pass

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great move! I do pull ups on my T-top also, it is solid, yours will still be 10 years from now. If there willing to finance the boats for 15 years they are going to be around a while get what you want don’t settle.

Sullfam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
That mount is a horrible idea. Stability will always be an issue. How would they think a fiberglass console could support that structure. Good decision to wait on the sport. I can do pull ups on the sport tower. Side benefit.
100% agree and told them they should really reconsider how they are mounting the T-Tops. They are going to have some very upset customers down the road.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Nice. I was happy to see they offered a black bottom as an option on the 2020. The light sea foam color was just too light for my taste.

Radman7734

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would be interested to see the prices of the boats the dealer is selling...factory invoices them for a Deluxe(44,000 retail), they add an aftermarket t-top for 800 and sell it as a "Sport" for 47,000??? Has to be some monetary incentive for the dealer to modify the factory design which potentially voids the factory warranty. Not sure thats whats up but it just makes me wonder..

Sullfam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Nice. I was happy to see they offered a black bottom as an option on the 2020. The light sea foam color was just too light for my taste.
Agree, we like the black bottom much better as well.

Sullfam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I would be interested to see the prices of the boats the dealer is selling...factory invoices them for a Deluxe(44,000 retail), they add an aftermarket t-top for 800 and sell it as a "Sport" for 47,000??? Has to be some monetary incentive for the dealer to modify the factory design which potentially voids the factory warranty. Not sure thats whats up but it just makes me wonder..
They were selling the boat for $44,800 so they were likely trying to move out a 2019 Deluxe. They sold me the 2020 210 FSH Sport for $45k - which I was shocked by. Happy to take it and they certainly earned my business by making everything right.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That’s a great price, I think they’re up to what $49,000 msrp now?

Sullfam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
That’s a great price, I think they’re up to what $49,000 msrp now?
Agree. I’ve seen them from $48k-$51k. I was truly blown away (and happy!) they offered me the boat at effectively the same price as the 2019 Deluxe. Can’t imagine $45k is more than $1k over invoice.

JollyRoger57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I agree with your decision as well! I bought a 2019 Deluxe with an upgrade tower. It’s bolted to both floor and CC it’s a hardtop which I prefer over the Yamaha soft top

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So just out of curiosity who was making that t- top and what was the dealer charging?

Sullfam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I think a place called Dallas Canvas was making them and if I Am not sure what the dealer was charging as it was part of the based price of the Boat ($444k I think). However, I called Dallas Canvas just to see what they charged and they said they could make them for $2k.

JollyRoger57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
So just out of curiosity who was making that t- top and what was the dealer charging?
I believe it’s the TTop offered by Jetboat pilot. It’s a very nice ttop with nice lighting. I think their price is $3995.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Stryker t-tops
Cycle springs dealer for Yamaha stuff
Both have choices
JetBoatPilot makes a hardtop, that bolts on the sport.